28 skater windshield >

28 skater windshield

Notices

28 skater windshield

Old 08-16-2014, 06:48 AM
Registered

Received 194 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Boatlesss
Really? Someone said 20k for the parts maybe that's just for the plastic? But 20k for installation is not off as that's a lot of work and add paint and probably a new dashboard and on and on. Reading this thread the Aeromarine one is fat less $$$ a lot lighter and does not cost any speed and installation has to be a lot less involved
I asked Chris about a ballpark price after a ride in Jim's. He gave me a rough number, one that he wanted to double check before giving an official quote, and it was significantly less than 40k.
Old 08-16-2014, 12:32 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts

So why beat around the bush, just post what you were quoted..... why does everything have to be triple top secret on here..... LOL.
Old 08-16-2014, 06:22 PM
LV
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pricing depends on what you want to do, how far you want to take it just like anything else in life. Believe me when I say there is a ton of work to convert one of these. To do it the right way like Skater and Boat Customs does will get you a factory look that everybody wants. Its certainly not the cheapest option but again we didn't pick the cheapest sport either.I will say I feel like I'm in a brand new boat at a fraction of the cost of a new boat.I couldnt be more happy with my decision. It's pretty nice to be able to hold a conversation without yelling over 100mph.
Old 08-17-2014, 12:54 AM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Ryan maybe everyone should just go to skater as they can do it better than anyone else anyway.
Old 08-17-2014, 03:38 PM
Registered

Received 194 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryan Beckley
So why beat around the bush, just post what you were quoted..... why does everything have to be triple top secret on here..... LOL.
Understand what you're saying, it was a ballpark range, he wanted to check into how much labor he actually had into it. Not trying to be secretive, I just don't want to post any misinformation.
Old 08-18-2014, 05:41 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

LV's boat is spectacular for sure and if one was wanting a total makeover you have to look into every option. If I was to go through my 28 I'd surly give them a call and want to take a look at Jim's to see for myself if I thought it was worth the extra $...but 20k is still a big # for a windshield if the funds were coming out of my wallet LOL.
Old 08-28-2014, 04:49 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys just to clearlfy Jim's 28 was a concept with many variables. We have endless hours in designing and engineering this conversion. The boat was completely stripe to bare hull and rework from scratch, with new engines, paint, interior, and windshield. The cost of Jim's conversion can not even be calculated luckily he's a great guy and good friend. We now have data for future conversions.
Here is a quote from what we learned and apply's to almost any 28 Skater Windshield conversion. We understand this mod is not for everyone, but sure look forward to working with many great customers.
We are hoping to cut cost with efficiency in the near future. [ATTACH=CONFIG]528518[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 28 skater windshield-img_1179%5B1%5D.png  
Old 08-28-2014, 08:00 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Location: East Texas Waterfront- running errands if anyone asks
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have to admit it looks amazing. You boys did a bang up job.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]528524[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]528525[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 28 skater windshield-image.jpg   28 skater windshield-image.jpg  
Old 08-28-2014, 10:01 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts

I drove Jim's 28 at Supercat Fest. It was a factory spec job and paint was awesome. Wind was eliminated and Jim Sykes and I could carry on a conversation at WOT. Chris did an excellent job on Jim's boat.
Old 08-28-2014, 10:08 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Location: East Texas Waterfront- running errands if anyone asks
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by skate
I drove Jim's 28 at Supercat Fest. It was a factory spec job and paint was awesome. Wind was eliminated and Jim Sykes and I could carry on a conversation at WOT. Chris did an excellent job on Jim's boat.
Maybe they will make one for 308's.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.