New Skater's at Key West............... >

New Skater's at Key West...............

Notices

New Skater's at Key West...............

Old 07-18-2012, 12:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Speed Junkies
The 482 SS is a friends boat. My buddy is the driver. Thing will go WAY past 125. He is a certified captain, but he refuses to run it over 135! He's been there and thought it was getting light. He's use to running the 92 foot, or the 50 Fountain. It is an awesome piece along with the other 5 boats they have sitting in Dover.
There's a 36 nortech that is much faster than this skater on the lake, I'd like to be in it going 125, that's a big boat to feel light at only 125. Sure its a cat and not much is in the water after the tunnel packs with air. Push that thing to its limits!!
Old 07-18-2012, 01:06 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Kichler
There's a 36 nortech that is much faster than this skater on the lake, I'd like to be in it going 125, that's a big boat to feel light at only 125. Sure its a cat and not much is in the water after the tunnel packs with air. Push that thing to its limits!!
If this 482 is set up right and has a driver that knows how to drive it, it will run like it's on rails and run over 170mph. The owner and captain should take Tres's driving school and learn how to operate there new boat properly.
Old 07-18-2012, 01:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by blume
If this 482 is set up right and has a driver that knows how to drive it, it will run like it's on rails and run over 170mph. The owner and captain should take Tres's driving school and learn how to operate there new boat properly.
That's what I mean, I know a guy who was in it and the captain had it wide open and was running 118 and he said it felt like a bullet train, this guy obviously doesn't know what he's doing because like I said there's a nortech that runs around and it goes by way faster than the skater, and it probly shouldn't.
Old 07-18-2012, 04:41 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kichler
That's what I mean, I know a guy who was in it and the captain had it wide open and was running 118 and he said it felt like a bullet train, this guy obviously doesn't know what he's doing because like I said there's a nortech that runs around and it goes by way faster than the skater, and it probly shouldn't.
The owner WILL NOT drive any of his boats. The "Captain" has NOT opened this boat up while he's driving. BUT it IS over 170 when pushed and he was in it but not driving. The boat has not been pushed since it came to Canada. Captain has no feelings for running it over 130. They WILL hire a proper driver for that if the need is there as this is his first "cat".
Old 07-18-2012, 04:57 PM
Registered

Kichler, THERE IS another Red/Silver Skater that flaots around Lake Erie that is owned by Scott Murry. Not as big and nowhere near the power of the 482SS. Scott's boat does right at the 120 mph so I think you have the 2 mixed up! I know I did the first time I saw Scott's boat at Pattahawk the week before the piss-up. I was texting the Captain of THIS 482SS in question to see if that was him and saying this is where I will be. He texted back saying they were out on "#2" and that Scott must be out making some waves.

BTW, "#2" is there Lazzara LSX 92 foot SUPER Yacht. Reason WE call it "#2" is it's the second LSX 92 boat made.
Old 07-18-2012, 06:08 PM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 65 Posts

Kichler, THERE IS another Red/Silver Skater that flaots around Lake Erie that is owned by Scott Murry. Not as big and nowhere near the power of the 482SS. Scott's boat does right at the 120 mph so I think you have the 2 mixed up! I know I did the first time I saw Scott's boat at Pattahawk the week before the piss-up. I was texting the Captain of THIS 482SS in question to see if that was him and saying this is where I will be. He texted back saying they were out on "#2" and that Scott must be out making some waves.

BTW, "#2" is there Lazzara LSX 92 foot SUPER Yacht. Reason WE call it "#2" is it's the second LSX 92 boat made.
What is the other red/silver skater that tops out at 120?
Old 07-18-2012, 09:19 PM
Registered

That's a 40 nortech roadster not a skater, it has twin 1075s
Old 07-19-2012, 07:07 AM
Registered

Maybe I DON'T KNOW. I DO know about this Skater. Been friends with the Captain for over 35 yrs. He texted me when they were looking at it, and the day they bought it. He likes speed, but know that this is too much for him without some serious training, that he doesn't have time for.

If Scott's is a Nortech, ok. I know what I've been told by the ONLY person that will drive this Skater 482, and I can assure you, there is A LOT left in this boat when it's running 120, A LOT.

As for when this person you know was in the Skater, It's only been here for a couple weeks now, but that's another whole issue.
Old 07-19-2012, 10:00 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Maybe I DON'T KNOW. I DO know about this Skater. Been friends with the Captain for over 35 yrs. He texted me when they were looking at it, and the day they bought it. He likes speed, but know that this is too much for him without some serious training, that he doesn't have time for.

If Scott's is a Nortech, ok. I know what I've been told by the ONLY person that will drive this Skater 482, and I can assure you, there is A LOT left in this boat when it's running 120, A LOT.

As for when this person you know was in the Skater, It's only been here for a couple weeks now, but that's another whole issue.
The 482 will easily run faster than the roadster with 1075's.