Rebirth of SHOWDOWN

Notices

Rebirth of SHOWDOWN

Old 02-01-2013, 05:14 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by bck
Any idea what you're going to do for engines yet or do you have some already ?
i vote that you round up some 2.5 280s for your transom
Old 02-01-2013, 08:11 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by fast fun 2
Thats awesome! Pro-Stock to this day was one of the best classes Offshore has seen.
OPT- P class was a great class that's why AGITATOR & our Skater came out to play. The Bridgeport 2.5 should have been more competitive but Mercury @ the time I feel put to many eggs in the ZRI Corvette engine & did not do enuff for the 2.5 OB. Cats like TUFF E NUFF, SHOWDOWN, STYLING, HIGH RISK ran great when all three engines were still running at the end of the race. It's a shame that todays fuels are killing these older Skaters fuel tanks. I know the guy that has our cat will be in for a shock to repair that Skaters tanks right. The name SHOWDOWN has had a great history as my old race Magnum was called SHOWDOWN back in the day,, racing P class back in the 70's..
Attached Thumbnails Rebirth of SHOWDOWN-mag-showdown-h2o.jpg  
Old 02-02-2013, 08:23 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Peter at skater said if the boat was built with vinyl ester
resin, which mine was, todays fuel should not effect it.
Being that we have the tops of the fuel tanks on my boat
off, we're going to do the fuel tanks just to be double
safe.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:30 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Good going, If you have Peter and his guys up there do it, they will do a great job, and while your boat is there have them retro fit with the newer style adjustable water pickups in case you have'nt already

Last edited by davidmercury; 02-04-2013 at 10:00 AM.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Showdown has through the hull water pickups, that were installed right after picking up a
plastic ice bag over a nose cone during a race, running wide open and suddenly no water to
cool the motor, oops. How different are the ajustable ones? we would test the boat, bring it in and
file the pickup & keep repeating this until we saw slight decrease in water pressure to the motors, thats were we stopped, we never had any issues after that.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:22 AM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by h2oboater
OPT- P class was a great class that's why AGITATOR & our Skater came out to play. The Bridgeport 2.5 should have been more competitive but Mercury @ the time I feel put to many eggs in the ZRI Corvette engine & did not do enuff for the 2.5 OB. Cats like TUFF E NUFF, SHOWDOWN, STYLING, HIGH RISK ran great when all three engines were still running at the end of the race. It's a shame that todays fuels are killing these older Skaters fuel tanks. I know the guy that has our cat will be in for a shock to repair that Skaters tanks right. The name SHOWDOWN has had a great history as my old race Magnum was called SHOWDOWN back in the day,, racing P class back in the 70's..
We only lost one PH in a race, we broke lower units mostly.
And if your talking about the few races they combined M and P. That was a joke. P Class screwed themselves into it with guys like Bill Gazelle and Nick Cutro claiming their boats ran 115. When really 105-108 was it back then.
Old 02-05-2013, 12:26 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fast fun 2
We only lost one PH in a race, we broke lower units mostly.
And if your talking about the few races they combined M and P. That was a joke. P Class screwed themselves into it with guys like Bill Gazelle and Nick Cutro claiming their boats ran 115. When really 105-108 was it back then.
I vaguely remember M & P running together for a short while and it made no sense to me. Nicky really said that? Geesh...makes no sense.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:36 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by Gladhe8er
I vaguely remember M & P running together for a short while and it made no sense to me. Nicky really said that? Geesh...makes no sense.
Yup. So when M and P running together was proposed, it didnt look too bad...half the boats in P already ran 115! FAIL lol
Old 02-06-2013, 03:16 PM
bck
Charter Member#568
Charter Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

The professionals get to work. So there's no confusion- I'm just posting the pics for Bill (showdown 20).

Last edited by bck; 02-07-2013 at 11:44 AM. Reason: clarifying
Old 02-07-2013, 09:19 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WOW

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.