Old 11-12-2014, 04:30 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

ok that would be cool as sh!t.
Old 11-12-2014, 05:29 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Yes, I also plan to attend Tickfaw in 2015. I stopped by Bloodriver Landing and met Joey last week on a trip to NOLA with my wife. I really nice guy that is really into the Tickfaw Poker Run! I still have an open invitation for the "Outboard Skater Fest" at my home lake, Lake Tenkiller in eastern Oklahoma for this summer or late fall. Any interest?
Old 11-12-2014, 07:25 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by LAriverratt
any of you outboard guys planning on making it down for the Tickfaw 200 this year?
Craig what are the dates?
Old 11-12-2014, 07:29 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

David are you talking about 2015?
I vote for a outboard skaterfest in the keys during the winter for you guys to catch a break from the cold.
Miami boat show run would be good!
Craig is your motor fixed yet?
David how's the boat running with the new powerhead.
Old 11-12-2014, 07:44 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Ron, Yes 2015 for Oklahoma. Keys is a possibility! The boat is in break in with 30P props. Every thing seems to be working well. I was hoping to get it out at least on more time this season, but now 21 degrees - an early winter , so I am done unless we come to your world!.
Old 11-12-2014, 07:48 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Double Rigged
David are you talking about 2015?
I vote for a outboard skaterfest in the keys during the winter for you guys to catch a break from the cold.
Miami boat show run would be good!
Craig is your motor fixed yet?
David how's the boat running with the new powerhead.
I already have reservations, I will be there...
Attached Thumbnails Outboard skater BS thread!-image.jpg  
Old 11-12-2014, 08:23 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm toast until May. I would be interested in meeting up where ever. I actually have the bosses permission to go to Tickfaw and LOTO so that definitely a go for me. Tenkiller is even closer but it's going to be tuff for me schedule wise this summer. FPC Destin Poker Run is great but you fresh water guys might stroke out. I don't think I can make Destin this year due to taking my offspring to college!

My goal this year is to attend Tickfaw, LOTO Shootout, and hopefully KW Worlds 2015.

But I'm certainly open to whatever works for the most guys.

Let's throw out some ideas of places and times and see when the most people can make it.

LOTO and Tickfaw are bucket list events if you have not attended and definitely worth the haul. Might be fun to attend one of these events and run together.
Old 11-13-2014, 08:03 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

I gotta say this, Skater builds some of the best boats in the world hands down. Peter and his crew have done everything I have ever asked and more on our race boats. Our first 30 in 2006 he took back and built us a new boat. We've run the Skaters every year since in about 10 races a year. In most conditions our boat is simply, SLOWER. YES, our team is less funded then many of the other teams, we don't have new motors on the boat twice a year either. We are also a little lacking in our propeller selection. Peter also admits that he won't cut corners to save weight therefor our canopy is bomb proof, and yes we've tested it on 2 occasions. As I said they have made every change we have every asked for, I believe the the shape of the bow area is the difference. Our boat is wider in the "hips" and in my eyes not as aerodynamically correct as the 32 DW. ALSO the newer DW's tunnels are 7-8" wider than our tunnel. That is about 25% more lift right there. As with anything the newest / latest/ greatest is usually fastest as was proven by Talbot in KW. I am sure with a little tweaking that something built out of the new, wide tunnel, 30 mold would be faster and if we could teak the forward entry area some it could really be made to haul the mail!
Old 11-13-2014, 08:48 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

our video from the final day in Key West....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8vgRdvVKdo
Old 11-13-2014, 09:14 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

awesome video Ryan...I was pulling for ya !!. we were actually on our final approach flying in on Wednesday when you guys were staring the race...the couple that came down with us got an awesome shot from the plane!!! I'll see if I can find and post it here.

Tickfaw 200 dates...Friday May 1st-2nd. Lots of people get here earlier...hell some get here the weekend before LOL.

I haven't moved forward on the engine repairs on the 308. pretty sure on what I'm doing though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.