Mercury 400R for Cat applications

Notices

Mercury 400R for Cat applications

Old 02-26-2015, 09:07 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by lightning jet
Motor weight 135 lbs shaft hp 345- 600 depending on model shaft rpm at 100 % 6000 .
Stand it on end it don't care lol
Bolt this to a clamp on lower
Now we're talking, I can just imagine
Old 02-27-2015, 04:18 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

[QUOTE=Skater30;4271272]
Originally Posted by da*****rcury

That will be ALL GOOD David! Any big boat with outboards hanging off the back running over 120 is hauling ass! And your four engine cat setup is one step closer to being one of the last ones around - Van pulled the four 2.5s off the back of his 32A this Winter and is re-rigging it with a pair of 3.2 Optis. BTW, who recommended and is doing your bottom work?
I didnt know that Van was doing that. His 32, when it was owned by Paul Whittier, was at lakeX one time when I was there testing props on my spectre. When I saw it there, I knew that someday I wanted to do a quad engine cat. I remember Big John saying how it accelerated like a champ boat. That boat is the boat that inspired me to do a quad engine 36!
Here are a couple pics of it years ago. I know it looks different now
Attached Thumbnails Mercury 400R for Cat applications-135449_186473348049091_1730706_o.jpg   Mercury 400R for Cat applications-135449_186473341382425_200591_o.jpg  
Old 02-27-2015, 07:24 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WVjukhCE_c Here's a clip for us outboard guys!!! So much for I/O power when not having a lot of HP!!!
Old 02-27-2015, 10:16 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts

Those Quattro pictures were at our shop! The 24' in the other pictures is mine. Stock 200 Promaxes.... Family cruiser.
Old 02-27-2015, 11:23 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Double Rigged
I think we need to move all these top speed stuff over the BS thread!!!! LOL I say let''s all go Tenkiller this summer and line them up. Outboards only. I only hope my old heavy 28 can run with you guys. May have to borrow some of Zero's Helium to lightnen the load. My money is on Skater Jims 28, but then again I am sure TK would argue his 24 may be quickest. Fun to think about all the blue smoke that would be on that lake and David's neighbors hearing 24 screaming 2 strokes over 6000rpm.
Kidding aside I have also wondered how Jims 30 skater runs too.
It is really nice looking boat.
that's too funny Double Never once Said mine was the quickest bye any means, LOL ,I know how Jim's 28 runs !! FAST but anyway that would be a sight to see at tenkiller
Old 02-27-2015, 02:16 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by tom kennedy
that's too funny Double Never once Said mine was the quickest bye any means, LOL ,I know how Jim's 28 runs !! FAST but anyway that would be a sight to see at tenkiller
Tom, I know you didnt but your speeds at LOTO are as good as anybody's with no real test time!!!!
Sure you just need a calm place to string that thing out.
Old 02-27-2015, 05:01 PM
Registered

Received 796 Likes on 223 Posts

[QUOTE=da*****rcury;4271381]
Originally Posted by Skater30

I didnt know that Van was doing that. His 32, when it was owned by Paul Whittier, was at lakeX one time when I was there testing props on my spectre. When I saw it there, I knew that someday I wanted to do a quad engine cat. I remember Big John saying how it accelerated like a champ boat. That boat is the boat that inspired me to do a quad engine 36!
Here are a couple pics of it years ago. I know it looks different now
Here are pics after Van bought it from Paul - both before he put canopies on it, and after. His 2.5s were all getting tired, so rather than spend the money to rebuild them all, he sold everything and put the money towards rerigging it with twin 3.2s. From what I've heard, the boat ran a 132 when Paul owned it, and never ran a big # like that after Van bought it. He put smaller wheels on it so it would accelerate really hard and top out just over 120. The few times we boated together with my first 28, he never ran it hard. And at this stage in Van's life, I don't think he even cares about going over a hundred any more.
Attached Thumbnails Mercury 400R for Cat applications-scan0007.jpg   Mercury 400R for Cat applications-van-depieros-32.jpg  
Old 02-27-2015, 05:16 PM
Registered

Received 796 Likes on 223 Posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WVjukhCE_c Here's a clip for us outboard guys!!! So much for I/O power when not having a lot of HP!!!
Here's another for the outboard guys from the Big Cat Poker Run this year. In one video, we're passing a 32 Spectre w/ 525s and in both videos the 36 Skater is Todd Welling's, with a pair of 1,000hp blower motors in it. We ran him down and passed him, but obviously he could play with us when he wanted to. It's still a blast keeping the big inboard guys honest with our little outboards!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3ey9sjeLVM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoVyqRKNfCA
Old 02-27-2015, 05:30 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Location: East Texas Waterfront- running errands if anyone asks
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=Skater30;4271707]
Originally Posted by da*****rcury

Here are pics after Van bought it from Paul - both before he put canopies on it, and after. His 2.5s were all getting tired, so rather than spend the money to rebuild them all, he sold everything and put the money towards rerigging it with twin 3.2s. From what I've heard, the boat ran a 132 when Paul owned it, and never ran a big # like that after Van bought it. He put smaller wheels on it so it would accelerate really hard and top out just over 120. The few times we boated together with my first 28, he never ran it hard. And at this stage in Van's life, I don't think he even cares about going over a hundred any more.
Do you have any more pictures of those canopies? Looks like a bolt on kit of some sort.
Old 02-27-2015, 07:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think we need to move all these top speed stuff over the BS thread!!!! LOL I say let''s all go Tenkiller this summer and line them up. Outboards only. I only hope my old heavy 28 can run with you guys. May have to borrow some of Zero's Helium to lightnen the load. My money is on Skater Jims 28, but then again I am sure TK would argue his 24 may be quickest. Fun to think about all the blue smoke that would be on that lake and David's neighbors hearing 24 screaming 2 strokes over 6000rpm.
Kidding aside I have also wondered how Jims 30 skater runs too.
It is really nice looking boat.
I have to agree Toms 24 runs real good I like that boat! I do need to put up a better number at LOTO. I will be there this year hope to improve, the more outboards that go the better I do like the competition. Ron you should be in the mix as well. there are alot of fast outboards out there that we problably dont even know about.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.