Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Skater
Weight versus Speed Outboard Cat >

Weight versus Speed Outboard Cat

Notices

Weight versus Speed Outboard Cat

Old 03-26-2015, 08:29 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Started my boat on a diet today. Pulled off the wrap.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]539031[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Weight versus Speed Outboard Cat-image.jpg  
Old 03-26-2015, 08:35 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Ron, I bet our 28's with windshields have the same frontal area as Lee's wrap-around. Our windshield and "classic deck" hump are close in location and height of Lee's way cool wrap-around WS. This equates to pretty much equal frontal area (speed) and dynamic CG ( handling) of ours. This is only what I can glean from my road racing experience. All chime in!
Old 03-26-2015, 08:47 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Maybe but I would think that with the receiver and glass it may weigh more.
Maybe Jim Lee or Boat Customs can chime in on what it weighs.
David, once you weigh the boat and run it with the mods on a similar day we will know a lot and hopefully this will prove what I suspect is the case along with where Jim K and I live down here in the sweat box.
Old 03-26-2015, 08:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Nastybug
Hey Tab, What props were you running at what speed before you got the dewalds. Steve
I was running Mercury labbed 15" X 34's , 3 blade -103 and 65 degrees, 320 feet ASL. Best with 13 hours on now is 113 and 90 degrees. Shaun Torrente brought his "older Dewalds" and we did 109 at Tenkiller last spring (with "light weight " guys and 1/3 gas).
Old 03-26-2015, 08:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Double Rigged
Maybe but I would think that with the receiver and glass it may weigh more.
Maybe Jim Lee or Boat Customs can chime in on what it weighs.
David, once you weigh the boat and run it with the mods on a similar day we will know a lot and hopefully this will prove what I suspect is the case along with where Jim K and I live down here in the sweat box.
Ron, I have the perfect (and correct) answer!! -----------------Just get your ass to Tenkiller and we all will have a great time!! DK
Old 03-26-2015, 09:01 PM
Registered

Received 792 Likes on 222 Posts

The weight of my 28 on certified agricultural scales was 5,860 boat on the trailer. Trailer without the boat weighed 1,980. I only had 10 gallons of gas in the tanks and the oil tanks were full. The reason I know the exact amount of fuel and oil is that the day I weighed it was the day I brought it home after re-rigging it with the 3.2s. We emptied the tanks of the old 2.5 pre-mix and put 5 gallons a side to run it on the rack at my buddy's shop. We also filled the oil tanks while it was there. So though it may not be an EXACT weight, I'm pretty certain my 28 fully rigged, ready for the water, no fuel/oil would weigh in just under 3,800 #s. Just for reference to similar inboards, my 30 weighed 6,800 #s when it left Skater - fully rigged, with no fuel, no props and no tie bar.

Last edited by Skater30; 03-26-2015 at 09:05 PM.
Old 03-26-2015, 09:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Skater30
The weight of my 28 on certified agricultural scales was 5,860 boat on the trailer. Trailer without the boat weighed 1,980. I only had 10 gallons of gas in the tanks and the oil tanks were full. The reason I know the exact amount of fuel and oil is that the day I weighed it was the day I brought it home after re-rigging it with the 3.2s. We emptied the tanks of the old 2.5 pre-mix and put 5 gallons a side to run it on the rack at my buddy's shop. We also filled the oil tanks while it was there. So though it may not be an EXACT weight, I'm pretty certain my 28 fully rigged, ready for the water, no fuel/oil would weigh in just under 3,800 #s. Just for reference to similar inboards, my 30 weighed 6,800 #s when it left Skater - fully rigged, with no fuel, no props and no tie bar.
I'm going to drain my tanks, so I should be accurate with Auto racing corner weight scales. Can't weight to see! (no pun intended, yes there was)! Dale, take some time off and come to "God's" country for the , I think now "THE 28 SKATER" fest. My trailer is lighter than yours! DK
Old 03-26-2015, 09:20 PM
Registered

Received 792 Likes on 222 Posts

If I could tow my 28 behind a 737 I would come to Tenkiller, but I don't think Southwest would do that for me! Being a small business owner, I can't get the time away that it would take to drive there, spend 3-4 days and drive back. That's why I live on the water, I can enjoy my boat every weekend without having to tow it anywhere!
Old 03-27-2015, 12:02 AM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Skater30
If I could tow my 28 behind a 737 I would come to Tenkiller, but I don't think Southwest would do that for me! Being a small business owner, I can't get the time away that it would take to drive there, spend 3-4 days and drive back. That's why I live on the water, I can enjoy my boat every weekend without having to tow it anywhere!
And he means every weekend 12 months a year!! Lol
Old 03-27-2015, 06:29 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if I had time and a place to weigh mine I would. I cant seem to find time to get mine put back together. hope to start this weekend. my boat is now 14 years old doing rerig on everthing. Hope to lose a few pounds in the process LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.