New 28 skater project

Notices

New 28 skater project

Old 08-30-2018, 04:49 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 36Tango
Nice Runs! The boat looks awesome!

We finally got ours on the water, and other than the Mrs not liking the 2 stroke smell, everything went well. Might be selling a set of 300x's (2004 with Smartcraft) this winter! They were rebuilt by Ted Gryguc about 50 hours ago Home

If you make it to the lake again, let me know. I'd love to get some pointers from you on the water, as this is my first cat.
You may want to take the Tres Martin course. A little spendy, but so is your life! I learned alot from the course. He is also now offering a free Lifeline vest with the course.
Old 08-30-2018, 08:30 PM
Registered

Received 793 Likes on 448 Posts

We finally got ours on the water, ....... They were rebuilt by Ted Gryguc about 50 hours ago Home
Ted builds amazing Merc 2 Strokes...absolute guru with the 2.4/2.5's in their heyday for power and reliability, and now on the F courses - if you were beat by a black O/B , it was probably a Speedmaster engine. Wasn't unusual to see southern US bass Boats getting tweaked there.....arrived stock, left appearing stock but screamed power, or maybe not even close in appearance to a bass engine - LOL

Apologies for the derail to Tom's thread - beautiful update to your 28'

Last edited by speicher lane; 08-30-2018 at 08:38 PM.
Old 08-30-2018, 09:47 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the compliments guys ! turned out very nice and lost alot of weight
unfortunately it was not a good year at the shoot out ! O well it was still a good time
Old 08-30-2018, 11:36 PM
Registered

Received 421 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by tom kennedy
Thanks for the compliments guys ! turned out very nice and lost alot of weight
unfortunately it was not a good year at the shoot out ! O well it was still a good time
From where I was watching, you had a great Shootout! You went sideways twice, and both times your instincts kicked in and it was no big deal. Could have been horrible.
Old 08-31-2018, 02:25 PM
Registered

From where I was watching, you had a great Shootout! You went sideways twice, and both times your instincts kicked in and it was no big deal. Could have been horrible.
I totally agree Tango ,things could have gone bad ! I am glad I had one good run on Saturday
Old 09-08-2018, 09:25 AM
Registered

We finally got ours on the water, and other than the Mrs not liking the 2 stroke smell, everything went well. Might be selling a set of 300x's (2004 with Smartcraft) this winter! They were rebuilt by Ted Gryguc about 50 hours ago Home

If you make it to the lake again, let me know. I'd love to get some pointers from you on the water, as this is my first cat.
. hey tango we may be down on the 22nd for the waves and wheels fun run ,I will definitely look you up
if we make it down ,I hope to get the boat dialed in before I make it back down