28 Skater vs.... Chuck Norris

Notices

28 Skater vs.... Chuck Norris

Old 04-10-2016, 08:30 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Zero Patience
I have a top gun with 900s and sixes, my skater would disappear away from it in moderate chop. I am not willing to run the cig wide open for that length of time. Here is a cruise picture from yesterday. My wife's reflection in in the dash, ran 48 miles in 29 minutes

My neck was hurting. ;-)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]553846[/ATTACH]

Last edited by Nice Pair; 05-31-2017 at 06:08 PM.
Old 04-10-2016, 09:48 AM
Registered

What's the skinny on this?

How long is the river?

How busy is it?

How fast can you run?

How many good stops?

This looks like a great place for an OB Skater "event".

I grew up boating the muddy mo. Never any traffic...always smooth as glass.
Old 04-10-2016, 05:09 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Orthobam
What's the skinny on this?

How long is the river?

How busy is it?

How fast can you run?

How many good stops?

This looks like a great place for an OB Skater "event".

I grew up boating the muddy mo. Never any traffic...always smooth as glass.
Lots of stops, great restaurants, about 100 miles of useable, we use about 55 each way. I ran 110 miles this weekend. Beautiful clear, ice cold water at the springs. No speed limit. No idle zones. I cruise At 90-100 preying on Yamahahas powered bass boats. ( I really Don't like Yamahahas, susukis, etc, American born.)
A truly beautiful place... But I have not experienced LOTO yet, we are bringing the Cigarette there for the Cig reunion at performance boat center on June 16 th. There are places that could host an event like crystal cove, Welaka lodge, renegades on the river. They are old school Florida, forget room service. But they have a bar.
Old 04-10-2016, 08:06 PM
Registered

I already talked to Ron. This is a good time of year of me. Was going to do Havasu 2017 but a group of OB Skaters for a Thursday night or Friday morning arrival followed by Friday afternoon and all day Saturday run, then Sunday optional stuff (I always stay Sunday and leave Monday morning) sounds more fun and less chaotic.

Let's talk when you come to LOTO. I will take you out in the 40 if you haven't been in one. I would like a ride in the Cig....I've never been over 55mph in a Vee.

I'll have my 28 there too you can run if you need a fix.
Old 04-10-2016, 11:03 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by Orthobam
I already talked to Ron. This is a good time of year of me. Was going to do Havasu 2017 but a group of OB Skaters for a Thursday night or Friday morning arrival followed by Friday afternoon and all day Saturday run, then Sunday optional stuff (I always stay Sunday and leave Monday morning) sounds more fun and less chaotic.

Let's talk when you come to LOTO. I will take you out in the 40 if you haven't been in one. I would like a ride in the Cig....I've never been over 55mph in a Vee.

I'll have my 28 there too you can run if you need a fix.
Bring the 28 up to Jacksonville June 9th for the Fun run the 9-11th. 70 miles each way from D'town Jax to the lunch stop.
Old 04-11-2016, 06:54 AM
Registered

I would except it's going to be in the wrong state.....headed to MI today then to LOTO on Memorial Day. Darn it. I really want to run that river.
Old 04-11-2016, 07:14 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

We should plan a fall run. That way all the boats can come down and go stay for Key West in November.
Old 04-11-2016, 07:53 AM
Registered

Deal
Old 04-11-2016, 08:09 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Zero Patience
I have a top gun with 900s and sixes, my skater would disappear away from it in moderate chop. I am not willing to run the cig wide open for that length of time. Here is a cruise picture from yesterday. My wife's reflection in in the dash, ran 48 miles in 29 minutes

I like the rpm and speed...what props were you running?
Old 04-11-2016, 10:58 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like that's even a question the answer is always Chuck Norris LOL

That being said, I'd say the order would go something like

1) 2) Tie between any MTI and the Nortech reason being they will all cruise at 100 pretty effortlessly (not pushing the engine package) and are big enough that they will ride a little better in the moderate chop and much better if moderate gets to be any bigger than 2' to occasional 3'. That assumes the boats don't break anything but I'd say with 850's they should be relatively reliable, as soon as you get closer to the 1K mark or above that would be more questionable. JMHO

3) 28 Skater as long as the water stays in the 1-3' it'll fly right on along happy as can be between 80-100 and everyone will have a blast flying the cat without the owner worry about breaking anything, as close to care free boating as you get on a performance boat.

4) 38 Statement, I gave this the edge over the TG because I think the gun with 525's is a little underpowered not because it's not a great package but at that point it's a big boat and the "cruise" speed isn't going to be as high as the Statement can run with the outboards for as long without being concerned about breaking something. And the with the Statement CC you could take 8 people and everyone would still be comfortable.

5) 38 Cig Top Gun with 525 package it's a great boat and won't have to slow down if it gets rougher but just not enough motor to be able to cruise as fast as the rest of the list. Now put 700's in it and it move right on up the list.

My only issue with the 28's is when running in the ocean even "inside" if the water gets rough it can get to be a rough ride for the passengers. It's definitely not that the boat can't handle it but a lot of passengers won't be comfortable flying in and out of the water for a 30 minute ride.

Last edited by mlb75; 04-11-2016 at 11:01 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.