Purchasing 32B >

Purchasing 32B

Notices

Purchasing 32B

Old 04-26-2016, 08:49 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Purchasing 32B

I am getting very close to purchasing a 2000 32B and was just looking for some tips or advice on what to look for when I go to water test and inspect.
I do know that the tanks have not been done and have never had Ethanol in them. Do they still need to be redone even if you do not plan on putting Ethanol in them? Just didn't know if there is a epoxy/resin issue for a few production years or is it simply a Ethanol issue.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Can reply here or call me at 231-631-5896
Old 04-26-2016, 09:26 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't care what anyone says when they say they have never used ethanol blah blah blah. These tanks have to be replace. You have several options on which direction to go as it does not have to be as they came from factory. You can put either aluminum or bladders as well. For you being in MI you can have them redone at Skater. Also mostly everyone thinks that ONLY Skater can redo them and that's bs. Anyone in the industry that has knowledge can do it the same or better. The public just prefers Skater because they can call in to see if the boat they are purchasing has had the tanks before.

Is it a #6 boat ? If so, you will love it. Ours with 850's runs in the mid 140's. These boat come alive and like to run above 100 for cruising speeds. Good luck with trial and inspection. Post pic of the one you are looking at.

Last edited by SkaterMike82; 04-26-2016 at 12:31 PM.
Old 04-26-2016, 12:09 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks Mike for the reply.
No it has 500efi's, stelling boxes, and bravo one drives. I know that at the bare minimum it is going to need XR's with -2 shorties and a gear change to make it work. It has 1.5's in it now and they say that its on the limiter right at 100mph.