Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Skater
308 with 400s went over in long island >

308 with 400s went over in long island

Notices

308 with 400s went over in long island

Old 06-21-2016, 09:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No apologies needed guys, I get the gear head thing and have been one my whole life, I just didn't want to lose sight of the guys who suffered the mishap. I was and am also hoping we can get some real info as to what happened if it's other then just rough water so we all might learn. i.e. Was it a weight issue? Spinning in or
Out, characteristics of the boat with 400"s and so on
Old 06-22-2016, 06:13 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I agree. I know some of the details of the set up that Bill and I discussed but felt it was not my place to discuss it. I figured when he was ready he would come on here to discuss it.
Old 06-22-2016, 12:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Nastybug
Hey Guys, I read somewhere on here that there is an upgrade for the 275 Verado. Not sure what they do but it said it added 65 horses. Anybody else know anything about it. Sounds pretty good for that motor. Im sure it will filter down eventually. I would take that on my current set up gladly once the warrantees are up in two years.
I just did the whipple 65hp upgrade to my 275s. But Cumberland debris got me before I could really test much. Need bigger props now, got bblades trial props on it now. Will test this weekend or next and have an update. I started a thread on it and will post on that thread as to not disturb this one. But so far I love the upgrade, can definitely tell the difference. Acceleration is amazing but got to the rev limited very quick. Hopefully these new wheels get the job done.
Old 06-22-2016, 03:35 PM
Registered

Great to hear Bill is doing well
Old 06-22-2016, 09:32 PM
Registered

Thanks guys feeling good. Work is killing me worse than going over. As Ron and I have talked about the 400s are the only way to go for all around boating. Just getting going on testing we had gone 116 pretty easy with no water ramps, and lower units low. I think if I play with it some more 118 would be a good up north number. I will get it back together soon and keep testing.
Old 06-22-2016, 09:43 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 29 Posts

Glad to hear that you are back in the swing of things.
Old 06-22-2016, 10:46 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Equalizer
Thanks guys feeling good. Work is killing me worse than going over. As Ron and I have talked about the 400s are the only way to go for all around boating. Just getting going on testing we had gone 116 pretty easy with no water ramps, and lower units low. I think if I play with it some more 118 would be a good up north number. I will get it back together soon and keep testing.

Glad to see you are Ok. I've sold most of the rigging off my boat. You can have the pop up windshields and actuators if you need them or I'll save them for Ron and Craig if you guys ever need them.
Old 06-23-2016, 06:31 PM
Registered

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Equalizer
I'm glad to hear you are ok. More importantly to us addicts like yourself ready to do so more testing!