Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Skater
Skater Factory Tour 9/06/16 >

Skater Factory Tour 9/06/16

Notices

Skater Factory Tour 9/06/16

Old 02-06-2017, 10:00 AM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts

Are we going to have to hire some Russian Hackers or are you going to give us an update on your own Dale? I'm about sick of winter. I only got the duck boat out once this winter and there was no water so I need a boat fix!
Old 02-06-2017, 08:46 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Sam
You must be getting old! You know what pace things happen up there! Bob's 28 is still not together and it has been almost a year. Hull is on the floor and deck sitting behind it.
The real question will be is what comes first. New Mercury power or Dale's boat getting done!!!!!
Old 02-06-2017, 09:35 PM
Registered

Received 792 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by skate
Are we going to have to hire some Russian Hackers or are you going to give us an update on your own Dale? I'm about sick of winter. I only got the duck boat out once this winter and there was no water so I need a boat fix!
Well Sam, the tanks are done! Lol Unfortunately, my eagerness to divulge information from within Skunkworks doesn't always settle well with everyone. And since I don't want my Top Secret clearance pulled, I've had to succumb to secrecy. I fly back again at the end of this month, so that alone tells you there is progress being made, but it is slow going. I'm just a little dog in the pack back there........I only get the scraps.
Old 02-06-2017, 09:45 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=Double Rigged;4526585]Sam
You must be getting old! arty

Hey Ron, what new Mercury power?
Old 02-06-2017, 11:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Skater30
Well Sam, the tanks are done! Lol Unfortunately, my eagerness to divulge information from within Skunkworks doesn't always settle well with everyone. And since I don't want my Top Secret clearance pulled, I've had to succumb to secrecy. I fly back again at the end of this month, so that alone tells you there is progress being made, but it is slow going. I'm just a little dog in the pack back there........I only get the scraps.
Dale don't feel bad sometime I'll have to tell you my story about the guy building a 46'er with the long face leaving the plant late spring of 2013. All he had to say was that "he wasn't feeling the love"....

Remember Rome wasn't built in a day. Least they are doing yours. I couldn't even get a quote to do my flat deck conversion after paying for the 338 the year before! With a seven boat waiting list for the 318/308 they are obviously doing something right and if you have one and want to go boating you better keep it!

Good luck!
Old 02-07-2017, 10:24 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by skate
Dale don't feel bad sometime I'll have to tell you my story about the guy building a 46'er with the long face leaving the plant late spring of 2013. All he had to say was that "he wasn't feeling the love"....

Remember Rome wasn't built in a day. Least they are doing yours. I couldn't even get a quote to do my flat deck conversion after paying for the 338 the year before! With a seven boat waiting list for the 318/308 they are obviously doing something right and if you have one and want to go boating you better keep it!

Good luck!

Thanks Sam. And yes, I know it takes a long time for things to happen back at the factory, but I feel privileged just for having them do it for me. Pete has always treated me wonderfully, and this time is no exception. I joke that "I get the scraps", because I know my project is such an insignificant part of what goes on back there. In reality, I am just so grateful that Pete is doing it for me.
Old 02-07-2017, 04:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Skater30
Thanks Sam. And yes, I know it takes a long time for things to happen back at the factory, but I feel privileged just for having them do it for me. Pete has always treated me wonderfully, and this time is no exception. I joke that "I get the scraps", because I know my project is such an insignificant part of what goes on back there. In reality, I am just so grateful that Pete is doing it for me.
I have had the same experience. Pete was very concerned for my family when Will was injured and went above and beyond to finish my build with the limited time I had to devote to it during those days.