Flat panel TV install >

Flat panel TV install

Notices

Flat panel TV install

Old 12-19-2006, 03:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flat panel TV install

Would like to install flat panel LCD TV(13/15 inch) in cabin.Has anyone done this personally.If so what kind of TV, what kind of bracket and is it 110/12 volt ?
Old 12-19-2006, 10:20 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Flat panel TV install

I believe boardmember BN put a flat panel in his 31 which he sold to "26sonic". I know he posted some pictures after he had the work done, try looking back at old posts about 3 years ago posted by BN. Maybe he or Tony, the present owner will chime in. If I remember correctly you have a 26, are you thinking of mounting it on the outside wall of the head or the bulkhead wall over the sink? Good luck! Steve
Old 12-20-2006, 12:25 AM
Registered

i may do the same thing in my 35. i'm also interested in everyone's setup!!

good thread.
Old 12-20-2006, 12:20 PM
Registered

I'm not sure depends on whats intailed with the mounting and wiring. Also if anyone has a 26 w/ a frig. I was aslo thinking of doing that. Was going to sell but change my mind, now I'm gona trick it.
Old 12-20-2006, 09:07 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

creeper, I have a fridge in my Prowler from the factory. What do you want to know? Steve
Old 12-21-2006, 09:05 AM
Registered

Do you have any pic's,What kind is it,and or is it worth it in size.And was wondering if I may have to cut lower than the standard opening is towards step.Thanks for your help
Old 12-21-2006, 12:21 PM
Registered

We just purchased a 358 ('02) and were told to run the wire along the inside of the bench seats and then drill a hole in the bottom of the closet wall. Fish the wires up the wall on the inside and the wall should be strong enough to hold the TV. We bought a very nice Magnavox 15" Flat Screen. I still believe that when we run the boat, I would like to take it completely off the wall and store it and then put it back up when back at the dock. I have not yet done this job but feel better about the instructions I was given.

Mike
Old 12-21-2006, 08:49 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

creeper, The fridge is made by Dino and it's extremely quiet, the door is white with a black frame. It clears the step just fine. I don't think you'll be able to store a weeks worth of groceries in it though! We use it for sandwiches or fruit, better than swimming in the cooler! Steve
Old 12-22-2006, 10:31 AM
Registered

Steve, Do you happen to have any pics.What year is boat (Just woundering)I bought mine new in 98 they didnt really offer anything like that in the 26's .But maybe I should have ck more indepth...Plus being old I dont have a elec head and was also thinking about that.Do you have one if so were is the holding tank. Never really looked at anyones.
Old 12-23-2006, 01:33 AM
Registered

i had an ice box (fake fridge) in my 35. i pulled it out and installed a norcold fridge in it's place.

I had to cut the opening a 16th bigger, (which was no big deal), but i also had to cut the stringer a bit to make clearance beacuse the fridge was deeper (and wider at the deepest part) than the original icebox. They mount the compressor and lines on the back of the fridge which caused it to be deeper and wider than the icebox. Sonic had already notched the stringer for the icebox, but i had to notch futher. I cut, reglassed, and all is good.
Attached Thumbnails Flat panel TV install-sonic35s-006.jpg  

Quick Reply: Flat panel TV install

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.