accessories questions...... >

accessories questions......

Notices

accessories questions......

Old 05-24-2007, 06:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default accessories questions......

I am new to a boat (35' Sonic) with actual accessories, so these questions may be common sense to most but I just want to know the proper way......so I don't kill the batteries...

1....do you leave the dash panel rocker switches on or off while running and just hanging out? Or do you turn them on only when being used?

2....are you supossed to leave the water pump breaker that is in the cabin on even when no one is using fresh water? will the pump burn out or does it only run when you open a faucet etc, etc..........?

3....how should the battery switches be set while running?

4....how should the battery switches and the breakers near the switches be set when overnighting and plugged in to shore power?

5....how many gallons is the fresh water tank on a 2002 ?

6....how many gallons is the waste tank on a 2002 ?

7....any important things to know about using the AC......I know there is a valve in the bilige to open but what other steps must be taken and can the AC run off of the batteries or just shore power....(no generator on board).....?

thanks in advance for anyone who can help me with these questions......................................... ..John
Old 05-24-2007, 07:09 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let's go in order:

1. The dash panel switches I leave the ones on that go to the accessories or areas of the boat that I want on. It will depend on what they have wired to each switch as to what it turns on. Yes, I do leave them on all the time except for when on the trailer unless I want the frig on.

2.Do not leave the water pump breaker on unless you are using the water. Had a few instances where after a hard run that the galley sink faucet had be left a crack on and used up some of my onboard water.

3. To both then switch to 1 or 2 when sitting for the day if not plugged in.

4. To on if not nothing will work.

5. 25 Gallons I believe

6. 15 Gallons I believe

7. Open the valve in the engine compartment prior to turning on the AC. It will not run off batteries only when plugged in or with a genset that I see you do not have. A portable one does come in handy. Honda 2000 works great. Make sure to turn the valve off when putting on a lift or trailer to ensure you don;t have a prime problem next time you go to use the AC. Plus it looks weird running the boat with water coming out of the AC outlet.
Old 05-25-2007, 07:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good lookin out 43Thunder.....thanks for the help......