Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Sonic
31SS with Blackhawk Drives?????? >

31SS with Blackhawk Drives??????

Notices

31SS with Blackhawk Drives??????

Old 06-14-2007, 03:25 PM
Registered

Received 282 Likes on 170 Posts
Default 31SS with Blackhawk Drives??????

Anybody know anything about these boats with a blackhawk surface drive.

Anybody know anything about this boat? It was for sale a month ago for $42,000. Good/Bad/Ugly? Seems REALLY CHEAP for a 31SS in good condition. I am going to look at it on Sunday. I boat with family and friends on Texoma. I usually have a full boat and usually find myself in 1-4ft lake chop. I'm looking for something with low maintainence and the most reliability. Do they chug gas? How big is the fuel tank?

Not really my prefered boat to buy, but its close and I think she deserves a look.

link http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/7/2/89213372.htm
Old 06-15-2007, 05:27 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought that boat sold just a little while ago. Fuel tank is 150 gallons and it will chug fuel. No experience with the blackhawks, but that wouldn't drive me away, could always easily swap to bravo 1's. From the pics I saw, looked like a great boat for the price! Good luck! Check this forum, there are a few threads on it. Won't get a better boat in this size range for ride and cabin space.
Old 06-15-2007, 06:44 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

That boat is/was owned by an OSO member; ST31. He never had any complaints about that boat. It looks like an interesting package, but I bet docking would take some getting used to.

The 31 Sonic is one of the perfect all around boats ever made. The only complaint you could make is a tight cockpit due to the walkrail around the boat. However, I will never own another boat without a walkrail like such. It makes transversing the boat 1000 times easier and safer. Great cabin space, and room to sleep 4 if needed. It handles rough water very well for its size, (comparable to most other brand's 35 foot offerings). You might also like the 32 Active Thunder. They are laid out very similarly.
Old 06-15-2007, 06:53 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I noticed this boat last year for sale up in Lindenhurtst NY. I think it was for sale somewhere around 44k? Then I saw it listed again in Texas in front of some really nice home for like 69k then 65k then 49k? The sales guy I talked to when I was interested in the boat said they mechanic next door to him owned it (that could be wrong) but I know the prices above have fluctuated.
Old 06-15-2007, 02:47 PM
Registered

I appreciate the feedback. I'm waiting to hear back for ST31, but I found out quite a bit just by looking at his post. The sales guy flipped when I told him that I was going to contact the guy that just sold it. For some reason he didn't seem to think I had the right to do that. I just wanted to know if anything is wrong with the boat. Needless to say - I will not be looking at the boat, which is too bad because I was looking forward to seeing what they are like. I guess it is priced low because of the outdrives and it sounds like the engines have been rebuilt twice but I'm not sure on that.
Old 06-15-2007, 02:58 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 939 Likes on 471 Posts

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
The sales guy flipped when I told him that I was going to contact the guy that just sold it.
why? that would throw a red flag up in my mind! he should have no problems with it unless he's trying to hide something...like all the parts in his description may not be whats actually in the boat!

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 06-15-2007, 03:06 PM
Registered

You guys may find this amusing - I just copied and pasted from the message I got.

I don't really think it is right to contact the previous owner either. In
fact, it is pretty rude. I believe there should be some sort of privacy
allowed when somebody doesn't own a particular item anymore. I would have
been happy to call him and ask if he would mind speaking with you once you
had looked at the boat and just needed reassurance.
Like I stated in the first email, I don't know if I am the right person for
you to buy a boat from. I don't know much about the boat. I don't appreciate
how you go about buying a boat. More than anything, I really don't tolerate
somebody that insinuates I might be intentionally wasting their time.
If you are still interested, I prefer for you not to contact me until you
are ready to come look and buy if you like it. I don't want to have my time
wasted anymore.

I admit that I probobly wasn't the nicest customer. I was trying to get him to tell me everything that was wrong before I saw it so that I didn't waste my time. I basically told him that I was going to find out one way or another so he might as well just give it to me straight. The boat probobly doesn't have anything wrong with except for the guy who is trying to sell it.

Last edited by TexomaPowerboater; 06-15-2007 at 03:09 PM.
Old 06-15-2007, 03:38 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 939 Likes on 471 Posts

rude to contact a previous owner??? WTF?? i had a guy contact me about 3yrs after my scarab was sold....he was 3rd one to get it after me....was asking all sorts fo questions....i had no problems talking to him at all! As a matter of fact i was more interested in how the boat was doing since it left me!
Like i said....almost sounds like he's trying to hide something.....and trying to discourage you from finding it out

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 06-15-2007, 03:46 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
You guys may find this amusing - I just copied and pasted from the message I got.

I don't really think it is right to contact the previous owner either. In
fact, it is pretty rude. I believe there should be some sort of privacy
allowed when somebody doesn't own a particular item anymore. I would have
been happy to call him and ask if he would mind speaking with you once you
had looked at the boat and just needed reassurance.
Like I stated in the first email, I don't know if I am the right person for
you to buy a boat from. I don't know much about the boat. I don't appreciate
how you go about buying a boat. More than anything, I really don't tolerate
somebody that insinuates I might be intentionally wasting their time.
If you are still interested, I prefer for you not to contact me until you
are ready to come look and buy if you like it. I don't want to have my time
wasted anymore.

I admit that I probobly wasn't the nicest customer. I was trying to get him to tell me everything that was wrong before I saw it so that I didn't waste my time. I basically told him that I was going to find out one way or another so he might as well just give it to me straight. The boat probobly doesn't have anything wrong with except for the guy who is trying to sell it.
anyone of us would contact the previous owner if we were able to. To some people this is a large purchase and you have every right to know ALL the facts. How many post a day do we see on this board asking about certain boats. You did the right thing.

If you do buy the boat I might swap my brovo 1 for one of the black hawks

I was shopping formuls a while back and came across a sales person that asked me what other boats i was interested in, I told him Active Thunder and he proceeded to bash the chit out of them. I corrected him and told him he may want to do some research before he opens his mouth and if that is the only way you can sell a boat I will never step foot in this dealership again.
Old 06-15-2007, 04:24 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BY U BOY
If you do buy the boat I might swap my brovo 1 for one of the black hawks
Well I thought I may be able to trade them or just buy some bravo's, but you have to change the X dimension and probobly some other stuff.

Quick Reply: 31SS with Blackhawk Drives??????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.