any sonic owners had a problem like this >

any sonic owners had a problem like this

Notices

any sonic owners had a problem like this

Old 10-09-2007, 07:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any sonic owners had a problem like this

a buddy of mine just got a 1997 31 with 502 efis after ideling a period of time the 1 motor when trying to take off shuts off and restarts hard idles but will take no throttle. after 5 minutes or so it will be ok and runs fine on plane till you idle a period of time again and does the same thing. the kicker is that the other motor has done the same thing at the same time and both acted the same way, so that kinda elimanates a motor problem or fuel pump making me think it is in the fuel tanks or valves for switching tanks, although it does it from either tank. wondering if it is a problem that sonic has had.
Old 10-10-2007, 05:54 AM
Registered

How about water in the fuel? Bad fuel? Any idea how long the fuel was sitting in the boat?

Did he tow that boat behind the F150? Wondering how it handled?
Old 10-10-2007, 06:31 AM
Registered

hey b whats new, any bites on your 31 yet, that will make someone a great boat as maticulous as you were with it and the price is good as well. yea he towed it with the 150 did ok but a 250 or 350 deisel is the way to go. as for the problem he is having we are looking into water in the fuel should know more timorrow.
Old 10-10-2007, 06:53 AM
Registered

He mentioned he was going to use his F150, there is nothing like the diesel torque when hitting those hills and good brakes. I should have done the electric over hydraulic from day 1!

We just put the boat up for sale this week on OSO, just a few questions coming in at this time. If it doesn't sell by Christmas, we'll probably use it for another season. We've been doing the dealers and went to the Liberty landing boat show and heading to Annapolis this weekend to check the various boats we might be interested in.

Tell your buddy good luck with his boat!
Old 10-11-2007, 08:21 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds like fuel to me....or maybe an electrical issue.are the drive bottles full? if they are down the rev limitter will kick in...
Old 10-12-2007, 06:36 AM
Registered

This Problem Is A Idle Issue , When On Plane Running It Works Fine.
Old 10-12-2007, 06:44 AM
Registered

I'd make sure tanks are cleaned and fresh fuel, then new fuel filters, if problem continues on both motors, I'd start looking at injectors - dirt from tank.... how do the flame arrestors look?
Old 10-12-2007, 04:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by East Coast B
I'd make sure tanks are cleaned and fresh fuel, then new fuel filters, if problem continues on both motors, I'd start looking at injectors - dirt from tank.... how do the flame arrestors look?

already did fuel filters. aresters are fine, a tank issue is likely due to both motors doing same thing.
Old 10-16-2007, 03:48 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Ran it Sat. 60deg. out ran great 72mph. Changed fuel filters, sarb. fuel pump, idled around came up on plane no problems sat for awile then idled across the river and came up on plane and the port moter shut down after about 3 min it startd up and everything ran fine??
Anyone have anymore ideas???
Old 10-21-2007, 06:26 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Don't think it is in the motors. It may be the fuel tank back flow valves. but I'm not sure where they are located. Are the in the tank control valve?? They are not in the fuel lines coming out of the tanks. Can anyone help on the location of these?

Quick Reply: any sonic owners had a problem like this

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.