Winter dash project >

Winter dash project

Notices

Winter dash project

Old 03-25-2008, 11:08 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

B&P, the wheel really sets it off. I can't wait to see the throttles in, and anything else you may do.

You could throw some red paint on the GPS cover, and that glovebox/cooler door is begging for a vinyl graphic.
Old 03-26-2008, 07:10 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok starting with Vagrant's question:
Haven't got the old microwwave out yet but have heard it is a chore. It is glassed into a box that is set into the opening then glassed and screwed in place. Sounds like a lot of fun to remove. Might just remove the old and make a storage compartment out of it and get a small microwave for counter use. We will have to see and I will let you know what I find out.

Z06's question:
We all ready have a new white VHF that will not be mounted in the same spot but under the steering wheel on either the right or left. A new stereo head unit may go where the old VHF is now (not sure yet)

Go4broke question:
Hey Chris we are putting in an insta-hot that we got from West Marine (not sure of the make/model) The wiring is all ready there just need to install and hook up to a new breaker. Will let you know the make and model soon as well as how much a pain in the a$$ it will be.

Carrboy:
True

Sydwayz:
Thanks for the compliment we thought it looked good too. As far as what else is being changed you'll just have to wait and see, but you'll be impressed.
Old 03-26-2008, 04:15 PM
Charter Member #37 /Moderator/Platinum Member
Charter Member

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks Bill, The only thing broke on mine is the door opener. But I need to get the stupid thing out to fix it. So I was just going to intstall a new one. Looking forward to seeing how it goes. Thanks for the update!

David

C. P. B. A. Carolina Power Boat Assoc
Old 03-26-2008, 05:37 PM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by carrboy
Chris, did u drop a tire on your head? It's a water heater, not a hot water heater. U can't heat hot water

Well if some a hole didn't need to have tractor trailer tires thet weigh 200# each, and then want warranty work on his truck ( his initials are carr boy) I wouldn't be too tired to think when I get home from work! And as often as I've been in hot water, I know it'll always get hotter!!

Bill, thanks for the reply, good luck with it.
Old 03-26-2008, 05:39 PM
Charter Member

Z06, thanks for the defense! It'll be vette time again soon! I was trying to convince the wife we need another one for a commuter car, she's not buying it.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:25 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Putting the insta hot water heater in should be easy. Our 386 has it and from what a remember all the lines were run in our 358 that didn't have one. Sonic just added an extra "t" to tie in the hot side even though it was cold water. On the 358 and the 386 the fittings are in the cabinet to the left of fridge. Hope this helps.
Old 03-26-2008, 09:08 PM
Charter Member

Where is it installed in the 386?
Old 03-26-2008, 09:14 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

They mounted it right on the wall in the cabinet to the left of the fridge. The fittings for all the water lines are right above it.
Old 03-26-2008, 09:17 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The insta hot Sonic used on ours works pretty well, you just have to run the water alittle bit to let the system warm up. Then it is warm enough to wash your hands and some dishes without burning your self.
Old 03-26-2008, 09:47 PM
Registered

Hey Bill looking good we are doing the same project to our 358. I have the same icom vhf that discolored from the sun, I am trying to locate another radio in white with a trim ring that fits the hole but nobody make that style anymore. The new surface mount you have to be able to have access behind the radio and with our Sonics that is not possible. Any suggestions?

Quick Reply: Winter dash project

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.