Toured Sonic on Wednesday!!

Notices

Toured Sonic on Wednesday!!

Old 02-25-2002, 12:13 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts
Default Toured Sonic on Wednesday!!

WOW!!!! What a great day. Thank you Jay Ross of Sonic and Frank Marchone of Offshore Performance. I was given the royal treatment, and all I can say is that is some operation. I am even more satisfied with my purchase! Everyone at the facility is Top Notch and extremely friendly.

The new building process of vacuum sealing the molds has already begun. I have seen the difference first hand, and the Balken products and technique added to sealing the fiberglass is top notch. Everything comes out much neater and uniform. The new boats are going to be a lot lighter and stronger.

I took about 30 exposures worth of pictures; but I need to get them developed and scanned. If anyone has any questions, let me know.
Old 02-25-2002, 01:36 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sydwayz23 is this process going to be used across the board on every model sonic built?are they changing the hull designs on any of the models?
Old 02-26-2002, 12:42 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

All the molds are being fitted for the new Balken system. The 26' and 45' have already been produced. Other than this, I do not believe the molds are being changed.
Old 03-01-2002, 07:11 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great Stuff!!!

We took the tour also during the Miami show week. Had a great time at the show, tour and the OSO party!! And hired Crazy Gregg's 386, just had to get our feet wet!!!

Anyway, keep us posted if you learn more on the new hull weights! I'm awaiting the final weight of the 358, they had one at the show which was done with this new process.

We took a bunch of pictures of the tour, but many of them came out dark, some came out OK. I don't have anywhere to post them though. Mostly the pics of the hulls in production came out dark. Some of the finished products came out. We need a pic area for each brand of boats at this site...

Great bunch of people at the plant! Thanks for answering my million questions and Thanks in advance for the next million questions. I expect we'll see a lot more great ideas from this company. I like what I heard!