Box Anchor storage

Notices

Box Anchor storage

Old 06-12-2009, 12:49 AM
Z06
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Box Anchor storage

It's not easy finding a place to store a large anchor on the Sonic 31ss, under the rear seat it fit nicely but it didn't seem like a good place to have a anchor bouncing around. I used Dry Dek on the floor of the storage compartment contouring it for a tight fit around the battery mounts to keep it from moving side to side. Then I used 1" nylon straps that I mounted looping under the compartment floor cover to hold down the anchor. It is now firmly held in place against the floor. I also mounted the stern light and cockpit cover pole to the forward side of the compartment. To prevent the aluminum poles from accidently contacting the battery terminals I installed battery box covers from Diamond Performance parts (supporting vendor of this site). Looks nice now... but it's covered by the rear seat! Although, when I get out that polished box anchor with the red rode, everyone seems to notice.

Before
Box Anchor storage-img_5269_1_1.jpg

After
Box Anchor storage-img_7310_1_1.jpg

Box Anchor storage-img_7309_1_1.jpg

Matching red step plates and cup holders
Box Anchor storage-img_7312_1_1.jpg

Maybe it will go faster now...

Last edited by Z06; 06-12-2009 at 12:52 AM.
Old 06-12-2009, 01:53 AM
"Unregistered Gun"
Platinum Member

Received 74 Likes on 38 Posts

Very nice install, congrats.
Old 06-13-2009, 06:14 AM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

Good job.
Old 06-13-2009, 08:05 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks great! Can you tell me what the part number is for the battery covers? Would apprecieate it.................
Old 06-13-2009, 10:20 AM
Z06
Registered

The part number changes depending on color. My red covers were part number 374-71R Group 27. Make sure to ask for the mounting kit for the "cast" battery box provided you still have the stock Rex Marine battery box. Here is the site link to the covers.
http://www.diamondperformanceparts.c...roductid=16525

The distance between the verticle hold down rods on these group 27 covers is 13.25 inches. Our Rex Marine cast boxes is 13.375 so I just used a file to oblong the top cast hold down bracket holes by 1/16 inch per side and it fit great.
Old 06-13-2009, 12:44 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great - thanks for the info.........i will be ordering mine, in purple though.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:43 AM
Z06
Registered

Originally Posted by Elite Marine
A stainless box anchor...very nice. Great idea with the straps for hold downs. Wheres your bag for the anchor? If you need one I can see about getting one for you.

Kirk
Kirk, thank you for the offer, but I have the red bag that came with the anchor. I thought it looked too good to cover up and I thought it would dry better left uncovered. The pointed tabs on the box anchor bite into the dry dek helping to hold it in place. We have done some wave jumping and so far it hasn't moved. I used some gel gloss polish on the stainless steel and it seems to rinse clean before bringing over into the boat. If there is a reason for the bag that I'm haven't mentioned please let me know. Thanks again.