Spring is here in Florida

Notices

Spring is here in Florida

Old 04-01-2010, 04:01 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spring is here in Florida

I went out the Sebastian Inlet today and headed for Ft Pierce. I set both motors at 3500rpn and made a beautiful run to Ft Pierce. Seas were 2 to 3 ft making it a beautiful ride. Time from my house to Ft Pierce was about an hour; faster than you can drive it this time of year.

Life is good!
Old 04-01-2010, 06:14 PM
Registered

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

Spring is here in MN, too. It was 80 degrees today! But, the river is still very high and full of debris from the spring melt-off. I have to wait another week or two.
Old 04-01-2010, 09:47 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Plum_Crazy
Spring is here in MN, too. It was 80 degrees today! But, the river is still very high and full of debris from the spring melt-off. I have to wait another week or two.
I would think we have to wait longer than that? I can't wait to try the new boat
Old 04-10-2010, 09:58 PM
Registered

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

Got out on the river today! It was a sunny 65 degree day. However, unbeknownst to me, the entire St. Croix River is a no-wake zone until the water level goes down some more. It was already down 3' from last weekend. So, I had to keep it to 6 MPH. That didn't stop us from idling downriver to visit our favorite lunch stop. At least I confirmed that I put the drives back on correctly. I also got to try out my new electric winch.