Sonic Resale...... >

Sonic Resale......

Notices

Sonic Resale......

Old 01-13-2011, 12:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sonic Resale......

Not that I would even think of selling at this point in time (I love my boat), I am curious if the lack of Sonics built and sold over the past few years hurts or helps the resale value of our boats.......I would guess it helps if there is less inventory and someone really wants a Sonic.......but hurts when less people want Sonics because they are not so popular.........hopefully Frisini revives the brand and they make a great comback......just a thread to liven up the Sonic Owners Forum......
Old 01-13-2011, 05:31 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

i think it has more to do with sonic's being slow for the same power as a step bottom boat and most all new boat's are step bottom . even thow i loved my 38 sonic and i will buy another one some day the extra 10 mph or so doesn't bother me but most peep's looking into these type of boat's want the extra speed and will sacrifice handling to get it .
just my thought's
mike
Old 01-13-2011, 06:48 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the fact that there aren't as many is exactly why I bought mine I liked the fact that you don't see 20 of the same boats every time you go somewhere, I'm sure the speed thing does play a factor in the resale I was looking for 2 yrs at upgrading and sonic was the only boat I wanted
Old 01-13-2011, 07:25 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by andyt25
the fact that there aren't as many is exactly why I bought mine I liked the fact that you don't see 20 of the same boats every time you go somewhere,
One of the reasons I went with sonic myself...one reason
Old 01-14-2011, 04:37 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 132 Likes on 46 Posts

x3- they are unique since there are so few, not to mention the cabin space and the rough water ride...all the reasons I bought mine.....I wanted a Sonic bad, the yellow and black paint pushed me over the edge since all my "stuff" is yellow and black it was a perfect fit to add to the stable.
Old 01-14-2011, 09:47 AM
Registered

I couldn't agree more with you guys........I love being one of very very few Sonic's in my area........
Old 01-14-2011, 12:33 PM
Registered

That was the reason I bought mine. There are maybe 4 or 5 in a 200 mile radius of me. Everybody here either has a fountain, nordic, or a baja. I get compliments everywhere I go.
Old 01-14-2011, 03:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sonic30ss
x3- they are unique since there are so few, not to mention the cabin space and the rough water ride...all the reasons I bought mine......
Ditto.... Also, wife loves the flushing head and style still looks good after 24 years. (the boat not the head...)
Old 01-14-2011, 06:06 PM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

They are only slow in the flat water all the wussy boats need to go fast. Anything over 4' and Sonics are fast.

I don't know if anything will help resale. Fact is the middle class is hard pressed to afford an offshore boat, hard to finance. The people that can afford it easily are buying new. The used market is only moving if its crazy cheap.
Old 01-15-2011, 11:17 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Here's Johnny
I couldn't agree more with you guys........I love being one of very very few Sonic's in my area........
So!! When you get more than one together you know you are going to have a great day!

Right Chris?
Attached Thumbnails Sonic Resale......-week-end-sodus-040.jpg   Sonic Resale......-week-end-sodus-041.jpg   Sonic Resale......-week-end-sodus-030.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.