Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Sonic
smoking deal on a 31ss >

smoking deal on a 31ss

Notices

smoking deal on a 31ss

Old 06-22-2011, 08:56 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there was someone trying to sell a clear windscreen not too long ago from ny on here try looking for older posts he might still have it
Originally Posted by codeman671
I saw the auction listing a week ago (last time he ran it) and have been talking with him since. Seems like a good guy, and certainly has put a ton of money and time into it.

Hopefully the wife and kids will like it, otherwise it will be going back on... We have a few other boats so it is just a toy for use now and then. I am a bit worried about the exhaust, NH is pretty strict about noise testing these days so I hope it will pass.

I am talking to Aero Marine and Finney's about replacing the wind screen, Sonic told me that they did not have the template nor the graphics pattern to replace it. I'll probably go clear. Does anyone know of a company that is east coast that can build one? I am looking to get the boat moved out of Havasu tomorrow and dont want to wait another week or two for them to make it out there. I have vacation coming up and want it here!
Old 06-23-2011, 09:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by andyt25
there was someone trying to sell a clear windscreen not too long ago from ny on here try looking for older posts he might still have it
I did see that and checked, he sold it last season. Finney's can make me one for $700 but I'd probably be without it for 3-4 weeks at least. It is beginning to sound like an off season project unless I can find someone east coast. I am going to check with one company in MD that was recommended, if that doesnt work out I'll put it off. Its not a big deal, a small corner is snapped only.
Old 06-23-2011, 07:55 PM
Registered

If you are referring to the one I bought I don't believe it has ever been in ny. It has been in havasu for 5 years and came from Florida before that.
Yes I am referring to that boat. It was a friend of ours boat
Old 06-23-2011, 09:25 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

To give you a little info on that boat, yes it came from NY. It was repo'ed years ago, less engines and drives....which is why the current engines do not match the year of the boat.

It was also on Ebay last year, from the same owner....buy it now for $40k. Sold 3 times, two could not get financed and the other refused the boat at visual inspection.

there is a post on here somwhere, an OSO member saw it in person and said the paint was pretty rough, and mentioned some other things that I can't remember.

On his listing last year those engines had Volvo EFI DPX? runners in red where you see the blue intakes and carbs now....and idea why he dropped the efi set-up?

I still think it is a good deal for the year, paint scheme, trailer and power. Just keep in mind it is going to take some time and money to get it back to a non abused state.

You did go look at it before purchase right?
Old 07-07-2011, 11:40 AM
Registered

Update? Did you get the boat home? How does it look?
Old 07-07-2011, 07:52 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default New boat

If you dont have Haters your not doing something right
Old 07-08-2011, 07:42 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 4bus
Update? Did you get the boat home? How does it look?
It definitely has more scratches and chips than disclosed. It is being repaired in 2 weeks. There are no safeties on the electric fuel pumps which had to be addressed before I run it. The interior is in great shape although he took 4 speakers out before sending it. The trailer needed a complete overhaul which is done.

All in all once I fix the issues that were not taken care of it will be a great looking and running boat. I just hope the family likes it otherwise it will be back on the market... We have 4 boats in the water so this is just a toy to play with now and then.

My wife looked a 2011 Monterey 328ss the other day and almost made me trade it before ever running it
Old 07-08-2011, 09:06 PM
Registered
Gold Member

was funny passed this boat on going the opposite direction on the mass-pike last week! looked good at 80 going the other direction
Old 07-10-2011, 09:54 AM
Registered

It definitely has more scratches and chips than disclosed. It is being repaired in 2 weeks. There are no safeties on the electric fuel pumps which had to be addressed before I run it. The interior is in great shape although he took 4 speakers out before sending it. The trailer needed a complete overhaul which is done.

All in all once I fix the issues that were not taken care of it will be a great looking and running boat. I just hope the family likes it otherwise it will be back on the market... We have 4 boats in the water so this is just a toy to play with now and then.

My wife looked a 2011 Monterey 328ss the other day and almost made me trade it before ever running it
Well you bought it well below market value, all boats need something.

Still curious why he removed the volvo efi setup and replaced it with a carb.

Let me know if you decide to part with it
Old 07-21-2011, 10:51 AM
Registered

It looks like the wife is getting her wish, I am going to move the Sonic to get a new Monterey 328SS with either twin 350 mags or a custom ordered with twin 496's. We used to have a 298SS (same boat, older model) and loved it. I will be putting it up on the classified side this week. Because of the speed limit on Winnipesaukee the local dealer wont take a trade in so I will sell it outright. He used to be the Sunny dealer but with all the high profile accidents in the area most of the performance dealers in the area have dropped their lines and won't take them in unless consigned.

The boat is getting a new rub rail, clear Sonic windscreen, cockpit speakers, Holley 850 Marine carbs (the originals were not marine rated and did not have chokes), drive services, and marine rated MSD coils this week. The trailer got 6 new tires, brakes and bearings. I want to make sure everything is proper before it goes.

It could use some touchups on the right side, I can either get them done or the buyer can deal with it themselves. I was quoted $3500 to airbrush and touch up everything.

Will sell for whatever I have into it. No stories, no , just looking to move into something else. I have had 2 solid inquiries already that know the boat so I don't think it will stick around long.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.