Big thanks to vettex1 for sharing his day with me >

Big thanks to vettex1 for sharing his day with me

Notices

Big thanks to vettex1 for sharing his day with me

Old 10-10-2011, 08:02 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Big thanks to vettex1 for sharing his day with me

Some of you may know I have been internet shopping 358 Sonics, however it is a semi rare boat and I have never seen one in person. I started a thread looking for actual cabin dimensions, and recieved even more conflicting information. OSO member vettex1 saw the thread and offered to show his boat (not for sale) to us so that we have a better idea of what we are blind internet shopping for.

The weather has been unseasonalby warm, and a few days before vettex1 invited us for a boat ride to his popular lunch stop.

The boat was great, everything as expected an more. Build quality looks great. The 358 cabin allows my 6' 1" to stand straight up upon entry. The perfect compromise between a cruiser and performance boat as far as the cabin is concerned.

Brian, his family and friends treated us as if we were part of his crowd. Had a great time and wish we could have stayed longer.

Made up our minds, and more importantly she approves lol. going to try to make a deal in the next coming months on a 358.

Thanks Brian!

Old 10-10-2011, 10:08 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't you just hate how boat owners don't like to talk about or show off their boats.
Old 10-10-2011, 10:53 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

I have to ask was that boating on the Great Sacandaga Lake. If so I sure miss that lake but the weather always makes a sort boating season in upstate NY.
Old 10-10-2011, 11:06 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BUP
I have to ask was that boating on the Great Sacandaga Lake. If so I sure miss that lake but the weather always makes a sort boating season in upstate NY.
Yup Sacandaga! And yes we do have a short boating season. However we take advantage of every weekend we can, so by the end of the season we are nearly exhausted of it

Neat lake, a little small for a 35 ft boat IMO. We may go back next year, hopefully they can get their poker run going again.
Old 10-10-2011, 11:08 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by glenncal1
Don't you just hate how boat owners don't like to talk about or show off their boats.
LOL, I guess we both took chances. He could have been a serial killer with a nice ride
Old 10-10-2011, 11:45 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Thought so, grew up on that lake - last time been on it was Sept 2008 (visiting) and I think I saw this same Sonic sitting in the water back then because I believe it was the only Sonic on the whole lake. Wonder if it still is the only Sonic ?

I asked my brother who owns it but he did not know as he still lives there. Well now I looked up this person here on OSO and he is from the same town inwhich I grew up in but left 30 years ago. Funny how things come back to full circle or get seen that way.

Why no poker run this year I know they had them 4 sure the last couple of years.

Last edited by BUP; 10-10-2011 at 11:51 AM.
Old 10-10-2011, 12:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BUP
Thought so, grew up on that lake - last time been on it was Sept 2008 (visiting) and I think I saw this same Sonic sitting in the water back then because I believe it was the only Sonic on the whole lake. Wonder if it still is the only Sonic ?

I asked my brother who owns it but he did not know as he still lives there. Well now I looked up this person here on OSO and he is from the same town inwhich I grew up in but left 30 years ago. Funny how things come back to full circle or get seen that way.

Why no poker run this year I know they had them 4 sure the last couple of years.
Was the only Sonic on that lake, but his friend just purchased the 31ss from codeman, he has a thread in this section on that boat. I am sure that is the same boat you saw, he has owned it since it was new.

No poker run because of insurance reasons, he is working on it again.
Old 10-10-2011, 12:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 4bus
Was the only Sonic on that lake, but his friend just purchased the 31ss from codeman, he has a thread in this section on that boat. I am sure that is the same boat you saw, he has owned it since it was new.

No poker run because of insurance reasons, he is working on it again.
Don't remind me....I miss it already!
Old 10-10-2011, 01:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by codeman671
Don't remind me....I miss it already!
It looked good out there on the water

Old 10-10-2011, 02:30 PM
Registered

Jim was itching to race that 35. How did he make out?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.