RS vs. SE vs. SS >

RS vs. SE vs. SS

Notices

RS vs. SE vs. SS

Old 06-26-2002, 02:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RS vs. SE vs. SS

Can anyone tell me the differance between the 33RS, 33SE, and the 33SS on the pre 1988 model boats?
Thanks ,
Shane
Old 06-28-2002, 02:46 PM
Registered

Doesn't anyone know? I have an old NADA guide and they list an RS SS and SE.
Shane
Old 06-28-2002, 03:10 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Mika,
There are not that many historicly knowledgeable Sonic folks on this board. Most people have boats only a few years old. I would call Jay at the factory and ask. I know he can tell you if you can get ahold of him. Good Luck.
Old 06-29-2002, 01:21 AM
Registered

thanks, I'll do that. I guess I have been getting used to finding out anything and everthing on OSO.
shane
Old 06-29-2002, 08:19 PM
Registered

thanks Too Old,
Yeah, that is to bad, I've seen quite a few people on OSO that actually own or work for specific boat manufacturers. That is great to see. Your boat seems to be coming along nicely. Seems for awhile you were getting pretty discouraged. Do you still have the Cat bug?
Old 06-29-2002, 10:40 PM
Registered

I just missed out on a 1989 33 ocean express with 454's/kamma's for $33000. coulda, shoulda, woulda
I'm kickin myself now.
Shane
Old 06-30-2002, 12:43 AM
Registered

Since I'm the new guy, am I going to get in trouble for talking about OX cat's on the sonic forum?
Old 06-30-2002, 09:25 PM
CBR
www.hyperfishing.com
Platinum Member

As for cats.....I have attended two Poker Runs where cats crashed or flipped. My wife watched as another cat nearly wiped out in the recent NYC poker run.

I view Cats much like most older Porsches....extremely dangerous. The older mid engined Porsches would immediately snap into a death spin if you lifted off the gas in the middle of a turn. Just go to any Vintage race and watch the Porsches spinning out of control, while the camaros, jags, vettes, etc. blast alround the track with no problems. Why Porsches were considered cool cars is something I will never understand and cats kind of fall into the same folder.

I am happy sticking with my 31 Sonic for now, but the Sonic 42 is looking like a nice retirement cruiser. Thank God Jay refuses to put steps on Sonics also. I am sure I'd have spun out several times in the nasty waters I travel in if steps were on the boat. Today I had to do an instant snap turn in three foot seas, I'd hate to have done that in a cat or a step bottom boat. No time to think about "special driving techniques" just needed to crank the wheel right over, right now.

I want a boat that acts like a boat, and Sonic does it for me. My GTOs were always predictable in street racing situations and I am alive today thanks to that.......once I raced a Porsche 914-6 that spun out of control and nearly went off a cliff.

Hey Too Old, stick with your Sonic.... it looks sweet! I'd hate to see another OSOer get cat fever! Safe and slow (er) is better than fast and deadly. Hummm maybe I am getting Too Old. <gg>

Last edited by CBR; 06-30-2002 at 09:43 PM.
Old 07-01-2002, 08:41 AM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

Every time I think cat, Lake Ontario blows up to 6-8' seas and I go boating while my friends with cats leave them on the trailers. But they are cheap speed, 2 friends have spent low 30's on used cats and hit triple digits. I need more power!!!
Old 07-01-2002, 11:04 AM
Registered

THe SE had the Large Head room when you first entered the cabin, the SS and RS had different cockpits and the RS had less Pleasure Friendly add ones, I may have an old brochure around, drop me a line if you want more information.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.