2 questions about a 42 sonic >

2 questions about a 42 sonic

Notices

2 questions about a 42 sonic

Old 01-19-2013, 11:16 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion
Sounds like a good idea to check out the 38 sonic along with the 42 but I would not prefer the 35. Others can correct me if I am wrong....

The 35 seems to porpoise and I heard the 38 does not. There are 2 friends in town I boat with that have 35's and everytime we see them running or run with them they are bouncing up and down for no reason. Nice boats, dont get me wrong, and I understand no boat is perfect, but if the 38 does not porpoise and has a larger cockpit its a winner in my book.

Hey did I mention you should try to find a smokin deal on a Black Thunder because they are awesome!
The 358 in 2000-2002 models had a notched transom that cause the porpoise, later models with the lighter lay up and removed notch did not have the issue from what I have read. I witnessed the porpoise on flat water while riding with vettex1 in his 358. It is not terrible, however I feel it may cost you a few mph on top end.

They are still just amazing boats IMO. Great lines, most have great paint schemes, creative use of space, and amazing cabins.

You won't win many races, but back at the docks you can turn the a/c on, bring 4 women in the cabin, and shower when you are done.....that is priceless in a performance boat
Old 01-19-2013, 11:37 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Worth a look, close to you, fast, relatively cheap. I try to get this guy to reduce the price just last year when I bought my fountain, he was firm at $89k. A steal at this price

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/20...S-36-100129121

If you buy can we trade valve covers?