Sonic boats alive?

Notices

Sonic boats alive?

Old 06-05-2013, 02:11 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sonic boats alive?

Went to their websie and looks like their site has been updated ? so I asume their still in buissness?
Old 06-05-2013, 02:40 PM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

Afaik they are. I believe they were purchased or merged with Frisini a few years back, have since been making boats.

John jr
Old 06-06-2013, 06:52 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 74 Likes on 24 Posts

Yes and yes,alive and building boats. I got a chance to see the maroon 38 Hypersonic in Key West,with 700's. The boat was stunning.I believe they are making an all new 42 as well.
Old 06-06-2013, 08:30 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

The molds still exist, but are no longer in Frisini's possession. As the prop turns...

There will be more Sonics someday; once the market comes back.
Old 06-06-2013, 08:44 AM
Registered

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
The molds still exist, but are no longer in Frisini's possession. As the prop turns...

I thought that was just the Spectre molds.
Old 06-06-2013, 06:07 PM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

I had a feeling. Who has them now?
Old 06-12-2013, 07:38 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 74 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz

The Sonic molds are absolutely with Frisini,and they are being used as I type this. If you go to Frisini's website,it is completely updated,and "All" Sonic.
Not stirring the pot,and don't have a problem with you (Sydwayz), but these guys are trying to build and sell boats.The Spectre molds had licensing issues,and Chuck's boat,well that story will sort it self out eventually .If you re-read that whole thread,with an open mind, and then after all that, the thread starter has it locked,its not so one sided. And not much mention of the boat since. Frisini has built and delivered a lot of boats in a few short years. And most are new or redesigned.How many CC's have they built? The Maroon 38 Hypersonic,that runs 110 with 700's,and Gabe's 43 Cat. Which speaks for itself.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:53 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by BONDO10
The Sonic molds are absolutely with Frisini,and they are being used as I type this. If you go to Frisini's website,it is completely updated,and "All" Sonic.
Not stirring the pot,and don't have a problem with you (Sydwayz), but these guys are trying to build and sell boats.The Spectre molds had licensing issues,and Chuck's boat,well that story will sort it self out eventually .If you re-read that whole thread,with an open mind, and then after all that, the thread starter has it locked,its not so one sided. And not much mention of the boat since. Frisini has built and delivered a lot of boats in a few short years. And most are new or redesigned.How many CC's have they built? The Maroon 38 Hypersonic,that runs 110 with 700's,and Gabe's 43 Cat. Which speaks for itself.
Sounds like good news. I wish them luck.
Old 07-06-2013, 01:29 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by BONDO10
Spectre did not have licensing-just non payment issues.He built and sold the boats-just didnt pay the lessor.