2007 31SS on this website for sale >

2007 31SS on this website for sale

Notices

2007 31SS on this website for sale

Old 12-10-2013, 06:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 31SS on this website for sale

Does anyone have any info on this boat? Those engines looked "packed" in! Looks to have a ton of room and creature comforts!
-How fast is this boat with stock 496mag ho's? 72-73gps?
-Concerns?
I have seen a couple in rough water-OMG they looked like they loved playing in it!
Old 12-10-2013, 10:09 PM
Registered

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

This was a thread on it a while back...
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...questions.html

I owned my '03 31SS for 5 years before selling it this past October. Because it doesn't have steps, the hull is not the fastest in smooth water and really needs a foot or two of chop to see top speeds which are typically around 75 with HO's. I personally saw a best of 76 flat with mine after lots of prop work. When I first bought it, the drives were toed-in way too much, it had stock 26 Bravo props, and hit the limiters at only 72. Labbed 28 Bravos worked the best, spinning 5000 RPM. I had mine down to the Lake of the Ozarks twice for the Shootout and it ate up that snotty water no problem. I also did a 150 miles round trip on Lake Michigan one afternoon this past summer feeling totally secure. The hull is very predictable. For a boat this size, the cabin as big as you will see. But, you're right in noticing the engines are crammed in there. Normal maintenance is not a problem. However, plug changes are a challenge. I recommend you pull the exhaust risers to make it easier on the outside cylinders.
Old 12-11-2013, 08:45 PM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

Great boat, fun to drive in rough water. (its not rough until over 3' by my standards). I had my 31 out in 10's a couple times. Spent most of the time air born. The poker runs I ran that were rough, I was generally in the front of the pack, in a boat that couldn't do 70. In 5' seas, its a very fast boat. Extremely safe. The 31 model was called the Hardbody for good reason.
Old 12-11-2013, 08:46 PM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

I overnighted in it every weekend.
Old 12-31-2013, 11:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Plum_Crazy
This was a thread on it a while back...
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...questions.html

I owned my '03 31SS for 5 years before selling it this past October. Because it doesn't have steps, the hull is not the fastest in smooth water and really needs a foot or two of chop to see top speeds which are typically around 75 with HO's. I personally saw a best of 76 flat with mine after lots of prop work. When I first bought it, the drives were toed-in way too much, it had stock 26 Bravo props, and hit the limiters at only 72. Labbed 28 Bravos worked the best, spinning 5000 RPM. I had mine down to the Lake of the Ozarks twice for the Shootout and it ate up that snotty water no problem. I also did a 150 miles round trip on Lake Michigan one afternoon this past summer feeling totally secure. The hull is very predictable. For a boat this size, the cabin as big as you will see. But, you're right in noticing the engines are crammed in there. Normal maintenance is not a problem. However, plug changes are a challenge. I recommend you pull the exhaust risers to make it easier on the outside cylinders.
Did you pick up something else?
Old 01-01-2014, 01:06 AM
Registered

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by deemo99
Did you pick up something else?
Nope, not yet. I'm saving up for something a little bigger and faster.