Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Sonic
Considering a Sonic >

Considering a Sonic

Notices

Considering a Sonic

Old 01-07-2014, 04:12 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had our first season on Lake Michigan with our 1995 31SS and loved it. I was new to running a twin engine boat and running on Lake Michigan (previous boat was on the chain). I feel very comfortable in this setup and riding in 1-3ft stuff is no issue. 3-5ft is a bit scary for a novice out on the lake, but the boat handled it well (much better than me the first time).

Jimmy.
Old 01-18-2014, 10:13 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had both a 2001 358 and currently have a 2005 386. Like people have said the 358 did porpoise little but if you gave it some tabs or a little more throttle it was no big deal. Our 358 had merc 500efi's with xr's. It would run low 80's(the boat was heavy on the options-ac,microwave.......). Our current 386 has custom engines and Konrad drives. Runs upper 80's. This boat is heavy on options as well. The big differences is that you gain about 1.5 feet in both the cockpit and engine compartment. The 358 was a little tight in the engine area as the front of the engines were very close to the bulkhead.
Old 01-21-2014, 10:32 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd say the Sonic's are nice boats as long as you're not looking at a new one. If you want a new one RUN AWAY.