Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Sonic
1997 386sts air conditioning Install >

1997 386sts air conditioning Install

Like Tree0Likes

1997 386sts air conditioning Install

Old 05-17-2018, 10:27 PM
Registered

Default 1997 386sts air conditioning Install

I am looking going to install A/C in my Sonic, and I have never seen a 386 with A/C in person to see where the factory installed the unit, and how they ran the ductwork. Anyone with a 356 or a 386 with A/C willing to share some details?
Old 05-18-2018, 05:36 AM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

My Boat: Sonic 386

The unit is installed under the dash, from the head side. The ductwork is run under the sink in the head, into the closet, with the vent and controls above the closet door. The water pick up, strainer, and pump are in the engine compartment, starboard side.
Old 05-18-2018, 08:24 AM
Registered

Thanks for the info, GO4BROKE! I have had this boat for 3 years, and love it. It is now time for A/C and a genset because we spend all weekend, every weekend on the boat. I have a 3kw genset to install, and that will be straight forward. But like the A/C, the boat did not come from the factory with one, so I have to figure parts placement. I though that is where the factory put the A/C, but wasn't sure. Did they normally run one 4 inch duct to one outlet above the closet door? I am not sure what I should do for the condensate drain, because my 386 didn't come from the factory with a drain hole in that compartment. I know I am asking a lot, but any chance of getting close up pictures of an installed A/C system?