31 sonic props >

31 sonic props

Notices

31 sonic props

Old 09-26-2023, 02:34 PM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts
Default 31 sonic props

has anybody tried 3 blade props on a 31 Sonic SS ?
own a 03 with 496 HOs they come from the factory with 4 blade 26s or 28s thinking of trying a set of 27 3 blade, anybody try this before?
Old 09-26-2023, 06:33 PM
Registered

Received 57 Likes on 27 Posts

I asked about this before as I considered doing the same thing on my 1999. The feedback I got was all negative. You may be able to do a search and find the thread.
The following users liked this post:
boatnt (09-26-2023)
Old 03-29-2024, 09:37 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

I have been testing props for about a year on mine since I upgraded to 540s. I would compare 3 blades to when you have a V8 engine in a rear wheel car and it just starts to rain... You can still get where you're going but far from ideal. With a good set of 4 blades I can set people back in thier seats, with the 3 blades you feel like your going to spin way past the 6k mark if you aren't watching. Top speed was also less for me but I honestly don't remember by how much as I ran 3 blades only one time and it was so bad I turned back to the launch after 10 minutes.

5 blades are the best performers by far over all, but top speed has still been with Labbed Bravo ones with the Diffusers cut. I should be testing a set of Herings next week with tweaks specifically for the boat from Hering. Bravos slip way too much and so far 5 blades are a little tight.
The following users liked this post:
boatnt (03-29-2024)