Question about Prowler

Notices

Question about Prowler

Old 02-18-2003, 05:06 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Question about Prowler

Hi, I recently bought a new leftover 2001 Prowler. I was curious if anyone has tried installing a glovebox on the passenger side dash in the panel over the cooler. I suspect it's for accessing the stereo among other things. Just seems like wasted space. Also, what's the deal with the blank gauge next to the tach & speedo. I know some people mount the depth gauge there, but why does Sonic drill out a large hole and then plug it? I'm going nuts waiting for Spring! I haven't splashed the boat yet and I'm curious about the ride. Thanks!
Old 02-18-2003, 10:46 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know about the hole in the dash thing but I do know about going nuts waiting for spring. I'm in the process of buying a Sonic and all I know about the ride is what I've heard. It all sound great but there is nothing like being there yourself. I'm tryin to stay cool but its hard. Come on spring.
Old 02-19-2003, 10:07 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The blank is for a depth gauge they are sent that way so you have the matching bezel. The panel could be cut out for a glove box albeit a small one.
Old 02-19-2003, 12:13 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

509, Dano is right, You can stick a GPS Speedo in there if you want, or move things around for an H2O pressure guage, or the depth guage. In the bigger boats, they stick some guages over on the port dash too. You could stick a glovebox in there, if you wanted. There is some room; however, I like the clean look there, and ability to place a decal there. I went ahead and had the grab rail PC'd there too. It looks great. Most boats; all they have there is a glove box, and Sonic gives you a cooler; which is VERY trick. Don't forget about that.

QS. You will not be sorry on your purchase. I have been on many, and am consitantly impressed.
Old 02-19-2003, 06:46 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the replies. I will probably install a depth gauge in the blank. I thought about a remote stereo control panel, but running the cable through the headliner, over to the head unit could be a hassle. Brian, I like the powder-coated grab idea, I was already planning on changing cup holders & engine vents to p.c.
Old 02-20-2003, 10:17 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Get your cupholders and vents from Eddie Marine. Quality products, and where all mine came from. Take the grab rail off the stern, and have that done too. I also had my gas and water fills PC'd, but that was a nightmare. The PC shop had no idea what they were doing, and tore both fills up TWICE. They had to be replaced two times.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 02-20-2003 at 10:20 AM.
Old 02-21-2003, 01:53 PM
TeamSonic42

I ordered new cupholders from Gaffrig. They are too big. 2000 up models use the larger cup holders so you can have a nippie over your drink. Pre 2000 use the smaller ones, which I have. Unforunately the Gaffrig units are still too big. I ordered 11 to replace all existing ones on my 42. If I want to use these, I have to cut the exisiting holes bigger, which I really dont want to do. Are the EMI the same as the Gaffrig in size ? The Gaffrigs are a little more than a 1/4" too big.

BTW, Brian is right about the ice chest thing. I have it on mine, but use it as a glove box. It will hold abot 2 six packs with ice on top ! It is a neat idea.....cool drinks at your fingertips in the cockpit helm station !

Last edited by TeamSonic42; 02-21-2003 at 01:57 PM.

Old 02-21-2003, 02:53 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

I bought the smaller ones from EMI, and actually used the existing plastic ones to make a "bezel" around the billet ones. It looks pretty trick. Just cut the bottom out of the plastic ones, and wrap the new ones in some foam tape.
Old 02-21-2003, 06:13 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

i bought my powder coated cup holders from cp performance for my 1998 26 sonic they are the same size as the ones offered through sonic. i had one from sonic and took the measurements off it and its the same as cp performances.
Old 02-22-2003, 09:53 AM
TeamSonic42

Thanks for the info on the cup holders. Mine actually came from Livorsi/Gaffrig. They said they would fit, but obviously dont. Now I have 11 Red cup holders that wont work unless I do some cutting.
Oh well.......

Quick Reply: Question about Prowler

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.