Couch conversion in a 26'

Notices

Couch conversion in a 26'

Old 04-08-2003, 04:55 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts
Default Couch conversion in a 26'

Does anyone have one? I do not want a pull out settee or anything. I want a drop in piece that I can leave in the truck all day, and grab before nightfall that turns the two opposing couches in to a bed. It would fit on the two ledges and match the factory interior vinyl.
Thought I would ping here before I look into having one built.
Old 04-08-2003, 05:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have that in my 42, it came from the factory. The board slides under my V berth and the two pads fit in the closet. two pipe's fit into bracket's to hold it in place. about 2 minute's set up and tear down.
Old 04-08-2003, 05:31 PM
Registered

If I was going to do it myself from scatch I would get a peice of 1/2 inch plywood, cut it the size to make the span across cover it in fabric, get an air bed that fit in the spot. Then all you have is a peice of wood to put under your v berth and a box the size of a 12 pack. Plus the air bed is a lot nicer to sleep on.
Old 04-08-2003, 05:54 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Thanks Greg. I was just looking for an idea for the toddler to sleep and crawl on. I may tackle it myself, using your ideas. I like the airbed idea. I could just make the board and cover it in some vinyl with thin padding to it. Then have a nice cushion made to fit just the space I want, and that would ride on it freely.
Old 04-08-2003, 05:59 PM
Registered

Put the kid up in the front that way he/she can go to sleep and you can still party. and they can't leave without passing you . that's what I do, and your closer to the head. the air bed is the chit I use one I sleep on a water bed at home so the boat padding is way to hard for me.
Old 04-08-2003, 06:43 PM
TeamSonic42

Brian, to see what you want in person, look at the new 42 in OP's show room, it has this option if I remember correctly. Very good idea. The older 30' & 31's had a slide out, that slide out from under the V berth.... really cool, just slide it in & out.

Dont know if this is an option on the newer 31's. I do know what LOR has is an option on the 42 & 45... unfortunately I dont have this, but I have everything else that Sonic offered...would have liked to have this. Would make for a huge center berth/sleeping section.

Good luck !

Old 04-08-2003, 06:55 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

It is called the pull out settee from the factory. Most of the boats 31' and up can get them as a factory option; I think. It is real hard, if not impossible to retrofit the slide out conversion. I do not want that anyhow as the sub is going in there under the v-berth probably. I just want the option of the second bed area, for the tot to sleep, and more area to romp. It would not be big enough in my boat to sleep me and Neda, as I am 6'2". I will let you all know what I come up with.

Quick pic I found on a '98 26' for sale; which is exactly what I want to have. I even emailed them to see if I could buy just the insert from them.
Attached Thumbnails Couch conversion in a 26'-1039511_2.jpg  

Last edited by Sydwayz; 04-08-2003 at 06:58 PM.
Old 04-08-2003, 06:57 PM
Registered

I will sell you my 42 that will solve your problem.
Old 04-08-2003, 09:49 PM
Charter Member #1472
Charter Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Brian, Our 26 came from the factory with that conversion. It's two pieces that lay on the ledge and convert that area into a bed. We never use ours because we have a table that we ordered from the factory in that area. I'm amazed that no one else's came with them. I called the factory after we received our boat because it wasn't there, and they promptly sent them to us, they're good like that . I read it in a brochure somewhere that it came with it so I was expecting to get it. I don't remember where I seen that it came with it. Anyways, the moral of the story is you can probably just call the factory and order it...uppy: Or if you purchased new ask them why it didn't come with it. Hope this helps... David
Old 04-09-2003, 01:29 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The settee extension is an option and extends between the existing benches. Adds a lot for sleeping room. The pullout only comes on the 31 (and the old 28's) and is standard. On the bigger boats the liner is different and a pullout is not available unfortunately.

Quick Reply: Couch conversion in a 26'

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.