The "Blown Formula" Sonic Project  !! >

The "Blown Formula" Sonic Project !!

Notices

The "Blown Formula" Sonic Project !!

Old 04-30-2003, 11:37 AM
Charter Member #300
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah, even with my boat, I couldn't leave it alone and added all kinds of stuff like bezels, chartplotter, etc. etc.
Old 04-30-2003, 12:11 PM
Registered

Originally posted by blown formula
GregP- What manual vavles are you using? Please advise.
Thanks....
I have lines that run from the hose fittings on the rear deck down to a regular brass 1/4 turn ball-lever valve that is "T'd" into the outlet side at the sea strainers. To flush the motors I close the ball valves to the raw water pickups and open the ones to the hose fittings. I'll try to snap a picture this weekend when I get the boat out.

-Greg
Old 05-01-2003, 07:29 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks great!!!!
Old 05-06-2003, 02:18 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

it looks like you've put alot of thought and effort into this little project...it's looking great!
Old 05-06-2003, 03:20 PM
Registered

Thanks, Sean & everyone else..... here is the tab/drives indicator that I rebuilt with led back lighting & red pointers.... it did not get attached above.
Attached Thumbnails The "Blown Formula" Sonic Project  !!-trim-indicator.jpg  
Old 05-12-2003, 09:58 PM
Registered

I left out the picture of the fuel tank access panel, also diamond plate. The compartment will be carpeted around this panel.
Attached Thumbnails The "Blown Formula" Sonic Project  !!-fuel-tank-access.jpg  
Old 05-12-2003, 10:11 PM
Registered

For any of you that wonder.....
No I do not have a press brake, or other metal working machinery. All metal cutting & fitting is done the old fashioned way..... a saw and then file/polish to square or straight edge to fit spec's. I do use a drill press to drill & bevel the holes though.

My wife calls it "bonding with the boat".... I call it ... doing it the least expensive way!! and a little pride, I must admit.

The blocks, one crank, 1 set of rods & pistons, 2 intakes, flywheels, dampners, etc went to the machine shop today. I gop to Louisianna Thursday/Friday to pick up more engine parts & deliver to the machine shop next Monday.
We are line boring the crank journals, boring to .030, decking the blocks, enlarging the intakes to 2.25", CC'ing the heads & cylinders, notching the cylinders and some other trick head & cam stuff, port matching, etc...... these will be some serious 454/468" motors when completed.
Still looking for some 850 Holley carb's also.....
Old 05-13-2003, 06:38 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Great job. It looks fantastic.

I did see one other thing that will need to be replaced. You will probably twist the hand off the 80 MPH speedometer with that power.
Old 05-13-2003, 08:48 AM
Registered

Ah yes, actually it is non-functional. I will be using GPS and getting a new speedo to feed off the nema signal from that. Only one transducer.reciever required then. Let's hope it all works out good in the end.
Old 04-12-2004, 11:11 PM
Registered

I decided in January to add to the graphics that Fred had on the Sonic, so I took it into "Street Dreams" custom shop... they do beautiful work.... I decided to go ahead with the paint & delivered the boat to them on February 4th...... they wanted 3 weeks to do it. OK>.... it is now nine weeks later & they haven't even finished one side yet!! They are killin' me!!
I still need to install the engines, which have been finished now for 3 months... just waiting the exterior paint work to be done, then in they go, as soon as I cut the new 5 1/2" holes for the exhaust pipes (internal mufflers in dry pipes)... they are wetted but just the last 3 inches!! Then I have to finish the new interior..... it may have to wait for the end of summer for that step!! This boat will be wet this summer!!! Fred's trailer queen has now been dry for over 2 years, between he & I.

Anyway, I thought I would post the new engines to the thread..... remember- what looks BLUE is really PURPLE!! Damned flourescent lamps in the shop changed the picture colors I guess.
Attached Thumbnails The "Blown Formula" Sonic Project  !!-engine-1.jpg  

Quick Reply: The "Blown Formula" Sonic Project !!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.