Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Sonic (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/sonic-46/)
-   -   New Sonic owner (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/sonic/61180-new-sonic-owner.html)

ROADHOG 10-10-2003 06:11 PM

New Sonic owner

Have just purchased LOONEY TUNE'S 2001,358. Although I won't pick the boat up until 10/24/03 I'm still very excited on the deal I got and the condition of the whole package. LOONEY TUNE did a great job on trying to keep the boat and trailer looking like new.

If anyone has any imput as to what I should expect out of this boat I would like to hear from you.

Thanks

impulsive 10-10-2003 08:42 PM

Congrats!!!! you will be very happy...

GO4BROKE 10-11-2003 06:28 AM

NICE boat!

Pure Energy 10-11-2003 07:04 AM

You've mad a terrible misstake!!!!:eek:

Buying at the end of the season, you're going to go nuts waiting for spring!!!!

I suggest you put on your long underware, heavy coat, ski mask goggles, and burn through at least 2 tanks of gas before it is too late!!!!

Good luck and keep us informed. :D

bn 10-11-2003 09:01 AM

Congratulations!! Sweeeeet boat.:)

ROADHOG 10-11-2003 10:12 AM

Pure Energy

Way ahead of you, Were thinking about doing that when we get the boat home. Used to ride snowmobile's in sub zero weather so a 50 degree boat ride will be no big deal.

East Coast B 10-11-2003 02:14 PM

You got one sweet boat and at a great price!!! Congratulations!!! I'm envious!!! Good luck!!!

steve chalupka 10-11-2003 05:26 PM

Well I guess congratulations are in order for both of us. Just this morning my wife and I "inked" the deal on our new 2004 26' Prowler! It's got all the trimmings including Mercury's 500EFI, XR drive, ITS, and hydraulic steering. The boat is going to be built over the next several weeks. The graphics are the #24 Meteor Shower paint scheme. I've upgraded to Gaffrig gages, Gaffrig throttles, custom chrome bezels over purple gages and stainless steel angle cut tips to name a few of the goodies!
I purchased mine at Grand Sport Center here in IL. I checked out Looney Toons many times while negotiating our deal. It's a beautiful boat! Good Luck!
My wife and I are going to see about going down to Hollywood, FL to see our boat being built.
I've got to tell you this guy Richard Hewitt is a GREAT guy! He called me several times to make sure I got exactly what I wanted. I salute his involvement in customer relations. I can't say enough about the man!
It's going to be a LONG WINTER (here in Chicagoland, anyway)!
Thanks also to Scott Haven who helped making the decision to the 500 EFI easier. Thanks Scott for the hour or so we spent on the phone talking about the engine upgrade and Sonics in general.
Hope to talk to more of you in the Sonic world from here on!
Steve Chalupka.

dyno 10-12-2003 06:32 AM

Congrats!See you out on Lake Michigan soon!

Looney Tune 10-12-2003 08:10 PM

Re: New Sonic owner

Originally posted by Drag 'N' Ass
Have just purchased LOONEY TUNE'S 2001,358. Although I won't pick the boat up until 10/24/03 I'm still very excited on the deal I got and the condition of the whole package. LOONEY TUNE did a great job on trying to keep the boat and trailer looking like new.

If anyone has any imput as to what I should expect out of this boat I would like to hear from you.

Thanks

If you ahvew any questions let me know. [email protected] The boat will run a true 77 gps. The boat has a notched transom. The result is that you should leave the drives tucked in untill about 45. I know that sounds hard to believe but try it. The newer 358's are not using notches. Good luck. You will love the boat.:D