Speedo tube location >

Speedo tube location

Notices

Speedo tube location

Old 02-02-2004, 09:38 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Steve, FYI Cord is one of the board members, he posts answers on just about everything ! If you are on the board alot you'll see him everywhere, he's a good guy . Just some board humor. Good luck with that trailer, they'll get it taken care of . Steve
Old 02-02-2004, 11:05 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Steve: I have an Eagle trailer with my hustler. Had to take and router the bunk down. I figured this after I loaded it and tore the pickup off. If they dont do nothing for ya I would recommend this over relocating/ or messing with the weight transfer of the trailer.
Old 02-03-2004, 08:29 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Steve,

I finally removed the tube, left the mounting hardware. Over 85mph or so those things have a tendancy to rip off. Put the gps on and be done with it...
Old 02-03-2004, 06:54 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Spoke to my dealer today. He also recommended against moving the stanchion for the same reason (ie changing the tongue weight etc). He said the best (easiest and least expensive) thing to do would be to "notch the bunk" and then re-carpet. Do you all agree? He said the bunks SHOULD go past the transom. I have always seen the opposite. I have either seen them flush or the boat hanging slightly over. He said as long as the back end of the transom is directly over the support beam (that carries the weight) but not over or past it I should be fine. Just seems funny to me that when you spend what I did on this boat (far more well equipped than 90% of all Prowlers out there) all these things should be worked out!
I do keep asking (and so do all my buddies who have other powerboat brands) why does Sonic run that ugly black hose and tube all the way down the transom like they do for the speedo? Why not run the hose inside (the boat) and then come out near the very bottom with the pitot? The way they currently do it does not make for a "clean looking" installation.
S -
Old 02-03-2004, 07:56 PM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by steve chalupka
Spoke to my dealer today. He also recommended against moving the stanchion for the same reason (ie changing the tongue weight etc). He said the best (easiest and least expensive) thing to do would be to "notch the bunk" and then re-carpet. Do you all agree?
I would follow that advice.

He said the bunks SHOULD go past the transom. I have always seen the opposite. I have either seen them flush or the boat hanging slightly over. He said as long as the back end of the transom is directly over the support beam (that carries the weight) but not over or past it I should be fine. He's right.

Just seems funny to me that when you spend what I did on this boat (far more well equipped than 90% of all Prowlers out there) all these things should be worked out!
You're right, but you won't find a perfect boat/trailer combination of any make. Thats just the industry.

I do keep asking (and so do all my buddies who have other powerboat brands) why does Sonic run that ugly black hose and tube all the way down the transom like they do for the speedo? Why not run the hose inside (the boat) and then come out near the very bottom with the pitot? The way they currently do it does not make for a "clean looking" installation.
S - [If you run the hose down from above the water line the boat doesn't sink if the sealer around the hose leaks.

Last edited by GO4BROKE; 02-03-2004 at 07:59 PM.
Old 02-13-2004, 11:37 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally posted by Dano
Steve,

Put the gps on and be done with it...
I agree 100%. If the trailer doesn't screw it up, something else will. I've replaced my pitot tube three times. I think debris in the water might be what is bending mine. I think I'm going to break down and get the GPS speedo. I said the same thing two years and two pitot tubes ago.

Dave M.