Water in V Berth >

Water in V Berth

Notices

Water in V Berth

Old 07-13-2004, 04:35 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Water in V Berth

Do you have speakers in your mirror? If so, just pull one of the speakers, and stick your hand in there.[/QUOTE]

I do not have speakers in the mirror - it is just a large mirror with nothing behind it
Old 07-13-2004, 08:51 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No speakers in the mirror. I was able to talk to Tom today at Sonic and he said to check the same things that all of you have suggested, so we must be on the same track. Have to leave town for view days so I will have to wait to find my leak. Thanks again and believe me this will not be my last question about my 358.
Old 07-14-2004, 07:41 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I had water leaking into the bilge on my AT. It was coming in at the fuel fill deck fitting. (I opened the access to the rear of the gauges and saw it running down the outside of the fill tube). Remove the three screws from the deck fitting and reseal with a good marine RTV. The fitting is on the non skid part of the walk around much like a Sonic. Hope this helps.
Old 07-14-2004, 06:55 PM
Registered

Sonics are famous for water leaks. Like everyone above has said remove the bow light and reseal it with a good amount of white silicon and then seal the top and bottom of the rubrail. I have had to remove some rubrails and reseal them but not always.
Jay Ross and I had a long talk about the forward v-berth compartments having water in them. I asked him why they did not put drains in them for any water to be removed. His answer " because they aren't supposed to get water in them" Yea right. They must ration the use of silicon selaer at the factory because almost and I repeat almost every Sonic I have had or worked on has had water in those compartments at some point. Including the 386 sonic with the 900's in them. Not good workmanship for a boat that cost over $350K. But I fixed that one too.
Old 07-15-2004, 09:05 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

D'NA -
Don't know if you have sea stainers...if you do, make sure there's a good seal between the gasket and the cover. If not, you'll pump water into your bilge which will then go forward thru the drain forward to the V-berth area if you store the boat nose low.
Good Luck..
Old 07-18-2004, 02:59 PM
Registered

Found my leak, I had the dealer install a Gaffrig Stainless pop-up bow light and we did not install the plastic cup that goes underneath the light. You would think that Gaffrig would include it with every light. Oh well found problem and now just have to order 12 dollar part and install.