New Mods for this Year? >

New Mods for this Year?

Notices

New Mods for this Year?

Old 01-25-2005, 08:02 AM
Registered

Received 43 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Re: New Mods for this Year?

Hey 30ss what kind of custom faring did you have built, did it help or hurt the wind in the face. I have always like sonics but my wife wants a windshield boat. Any Photos?
Old 01-25-2005, 12:38 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Motors are being rebuilt, powder coating the extension boxes, replacing the cleats and adding some quick connect cleats, pull up bow light and some other stuff.

Oh yea, the gimbals too.
Old 01-25-2005, 04:43 PM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

I'm going to paint and install my scoops and the additional gauges I have. One of these days if the kids and houses stop sucking up so much $$$ I'll get my blowers on. At least they make my work bench look cool!
Old 01-25-2005, 05:04 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Roger,
Let me know if you were able to put the drain cup under the pull up bow light. I had a Gaffrig pull up installed last year and there was not enough room to install drain cup. If you can't install the drain cup when you was the boat or it rains water will get into the bow section. No way to get water out unless you take off the mirror.
Old 01-25-2005, 06:37 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 132 Likes on 46 Posts

Boomer- I've yet to try the new fairing(did you see the ice on the river )
Anyway I'll post pics as soon as I can I haven't taken any pics in a while. Dare I say this .... the fairing came out looking very, here goes, "Apache like". Which was not the intention but it really looks sharp.(BTW I love those old resin buckets and would give my left nut for a 47')...I'm 6'2'' and the old wind screen just directed the wind in my face. Here's a pic @ Claudio's before the mods
Attached Thumbnails New Mods for this Year?-sonic%40claudios.jpg  
Old 01-25-2005, 06:49 PM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My mills are out also rebuild ,roller cams, cam driven water pumps,better risers,still have a set of gauges to install and would like to add a drop in center bolster for my daughter......
Old 01-25-2005, 09:40 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Drag 'N' Ass
Hey Roger,
Let me know if you were able to put the drain cup under the pull up bow light. I had a Gaffrig pull up installed last year and there was not enough room to install drain cup. If you can't install the drain cup when you was the boat or it rains water will get into the bow section. No way to get water out unless you take off the mirror.
I was going to put a pull up bow light in last year but stopped because of the cup issue. It looked like I had plenty of room for it but I couldn't connect the drain because of the mirror. I wanted to put pull up cleats in the front too but that mirror is too much work to remove.

I'm going to cut a hole in the mirror and cover the hole with a snap on piece of vinyl or something like that. I think one of the Sonic decals would be a nice finishing touch on the cover.
Old 01-26-2005, 06:56 AM
Registered

Received 43 Likes on 24 Posts

Nice boat does that have the 320 EFI in it. If so I looked at that boat several years ago up in Mass. As for the Ice I have just about had enough of it.
Old 01-26-2005, 01:09 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 132 Likes on 46 Posts

Yea, thats the boat 320efis. Your lucky you did not buy.....popped BOTH "rebuilt"
motors one @ 10 and one @ 20hrs . The 20 hr motor broke the crank and the only things left were the heads and intake
Lucky I bought it cheap
Old 02-24-2005, 04:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sonic30ss
Yea, thats the boat 320efis. Your lucky you did not buy.....popped BOTH "rebuilt"
motors one @ 10 and one @ 20hrs . The 20 hr motor broke the crank and the only things left were the heads and intake
Lucky I bought it cheap
hay, you play you pay.......... I've had a sonic since 1994.... since then I'll bet I rebuilt or put in ten pair of engines at least. The best I've got is probably 125 hours out of a set. Mostly 50 or so. Anyway, time goes by fast. If you can afford it do it... Nothing like playing on the water with speed, friends and new technology..

Quick Reply: New Mods for this Year?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.