Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Sonic
Where in the world is Philippe's 2005 31???!! >

Where in the world is Philippe's 2005 31???!!

Notices

Old 03-23-2005, 08:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ordered on September 18th 2004 , with a deposit and contract, delivery date of the 1st week of the year(2005).Ordered a 2005 Sonic 31 with 525s , ITS XR drives.2 weeks later his trade boat arrives at Hollywood facility, and an additional deposit check soon followed. He was at the Hollywood location three weeks ago and was shown "his" boat, almost completed, paint,engines drives and soft goods installed. He was told the closing would be in 2 weeks. Last week upon his arrival at the Hollywood location to find out what day the closing was he was shown a different boat with no motors drives or paint. Imagine that!!! He has been more than patient , not once getting concerned even though his boat was already over 2 months late, lets see Sept Oct Nov Dec Jan Feb and now March, my math has that at 6 months !! Am I dumb or is that a long time ? He was told late last week that the boat was in paint . Guess what, as of tonight it was not even in paint , nor have the engines or drives arrived yet. Is this a movie or a lawsuit in the making? I guess its the same as the 38 ordered in August that "Joe" was touching in Hollywood as he was on the phone with the man who ordered it. When the buyer went to Hollywood he was informed that the boat was in Stuart. "Joes " answer was that he was confused and it was the buyers trade boat he was talking about " touching". Thats funny because when he called "Joe" the buyer was onboard his"trade boat". "Nothing but the facts Sir, just the facts"!!
Old 03-23-2005, 08:16 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Where in the world is Philippe's 2005 31???!!

Havn't you anything better to do than upset those people all ready in distress
Old 03-23-2005, 08:40 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

why dont you just go and ask them where the boat is at,, or better yet post where it is at if you know how about some pictures to back up what you post as well.
Old 03-23-2005, 08:49 PM
Registered

Well well wel , not looking to upset anyone especially "my " customers , who are upset and cant get a straight answer or there boats/money for that matter. do you know where his boat went? thats what the post is about.The thinking is that it went somewhere , or it just disapeared. oh it never existed and he never was told it was his boat that he would close on in 2 weeks.as usual the check is in the mail, just ask captwk . not trying to be smart or crass in any way but if you dislike my posts why do you read and respond to most of them, dont you have anything better to do? What in your mind is a resonable time for a boat to be delivered late? If it was your boat you would be very upset, you would be on the phone with anyone you had a number for that you felt may be able to help you in any way , wouldnt you? I am getting the calls as is fishtails.excuse the spelling but caveat emptor comes to mind. would you rather just be in the dark or have a bit of knowledge. Maybe if your boat was at "National Marine" and someone posted what was going on you would have still left your boat there . Then there is that amendment thing something to the effect of free speach as long as all others agree with you
Old 03-24-2005, 07:46 AM
Registered

I bet youd like to see the contract thats in my hands , wouldnt you?! they have been asked and the answer is that it wasnt his boat!!!! Lets see 55K and the mans trade at 65k = 120k, so the outstanding balance is??? makes logical sense that a company in trouble would take a full clip over what the balance is. Who cares about the customer, who has worked hard to have his boat built , screw delivery dates. screw anyones word or contract for that matter.Ask MMaverick he can back up what I have said , nothing getting done except pissing off great customers who want a great product but no one wants to give to them, even though they have paid.
Old 03-24-2005, 09:13 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Sounds just like another S. Florida small volume boat builder What's up with this industry anyway? I will never buy new again, that's for sure.
Old 03-24-2005, 09:50 AM
Registered

Hey Steve nothing better to do than surf OSO. I agree with you the only way I would buy another new boat would be one that is built already and Is in the hands of a dealer that is willing to deal. Although with the price of new boats and how fast they DEPRECIATE I don't think I will ever buy a new boat anyways.

I have had 2 uneasy new purchase's and I can't beleive that there are people that will defend ANY BUILDER treating their customers as they do.
Old 03-24-2005, 10:01 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Gerry...I know people that have bought new and their experiences are nothing less than horrifying. It makes our
purchases seem like an award winnng experience. Gotta wonder about some of these S. FL builders.
Old 03-24-2005, 10:12 AM
Registered

Did you know that Rick bought a 42 Sonic and it caught fire over the winter in his storage unit. The poor guy never got a chance to use the 42. Rick was thinking of buying a new 42 Sonic, I think all these negetive post are going too make his decsion very difficult.

Talked to him they other day and we both agreed that there are problems with just about every builder out there and either way it's going to be a CRAP SHOOT.
Old 03-24-2005, 05:38 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Indy
Sounds just like another S. Florida small volume boat builder What's up with this industry anyway? I will never buy new again, that's for sure.
There are a few good Boat co. out there, I have had a few new building experiences, they both ran over in time, but my Nortech for quality and customer service was great, and I just ordered another. Good luck to you. Jeff

Quick Reply: Where in the world is Philippe's 2005 31???!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.