Possibly moving to Nashville >

Possibly moving to Nashville

Notices

Possibly moving to Nashville

Old 11-09-2005, 01:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possibly moving to Nashville

I might possibly be moving to Nashville very soon. Where are some nice places to live besides Brentwood or Franklin? I heard that Piercy Priest is a nice lake and wanted to know if there is alot of realestate on the lake? What are the price ranges for waterfront property? My limit is around $340K and if I can't find something on the water I need a decent driveway that I could leave the boat at over a weekend if necessary. I have a 2001 35' Fountain. I really appreciate any help or leads that you might have. I should know by next monday if I am moving or not and would have to be there by the first week of Dec. What are the cities to search for on the lake? Thanks for any help or leads.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:43 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Possibly moving to Nashville

Skopi:
Glad to hear you may be moving to Nashvegas. It is a great boating town. We have 2 lakes and a river in town, and 10 more within a 2 hour drive. Most are nice big southern TVA/Corps of Engineers impoundments.
Re lakeside living @ $340K.............well, possible if you're not too picky. Most nice lakeside homes in Nashville would start around $500K. The lake in question is Old Hickory. Lots of lakeside real estate. No lakefront property on Percy Preist, but it is a nice lake to boat on.
If you are interested, my wife is a real estate agent. We're (well, I am) always looking at lake homes so she's pretty well versed on the subject. PM me if you're interested (on the water or not) and I can put you in touch with Tonya.
BTW, Nashvegas 'burbs on the water are Old Hickory, Mt. Juliet, Lakewood, Hendersonville, Gallatin and Lebanon.
Regards,
Steve

Last edited by Steve Zuckerman; 11-09-2005 at 10:45 PM.
Old 11-10-2005, 08:54 PM
Registered

Steve,

Are there not any homes on Piercy Priest? Which lake do you guys usually go to? I grew up in Memphis and looking forward to the possibility of moving back to Tennessee. I would most likely spend a good deal of time during the summer at Pickwick since I spent most of my weekends on it and still have friends that boat there.

I was hoping to find something on a lake this go around, but I can't seem to find any. I would be interested to see if you know of any lake properities somewhere close to my range. I also don't want to be more than 30 minutes from downtown due to the fact that my wife would more than likely work there. I don't know if I would have to use a corporate real estate person or not this time. I guess I'll find out when I find out if I get the job. I appreciate the help.
Old 11-10-2005, 09:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by skopi55
Steve,

Are there not any homes on Piercy Priest? Which lake do you guys usually go to? I grew up in Memphis and looking forward to the possibility of moving back to Tennessee. I would most likely spend a good deal of time during the summer at Pickwick since I spent most of my weekends on it and still have friends that boat there.

I was hoping to find something on a lake this go around, but I can't seem to find any. I would be interested to see if you know of any lake properities somewhere close to my range. I also don't want to be more than 30 minutes from downtown due to the fact that my wife would more than likely work there. I don't know if I would have to use a corporate real estate person or not this time. I guess I'll find out when I find out if I get the job. I appreciate the help.
Skopi:
Actual lakeside property on Priest is restricted by Corps policy.
It is allowed on Old Hickory Lake, in the above towns. That is, in most cases (Gallatin and Lebanon might be a stretch) well within a 30 minute commute. There ARE many subdivisions close to both lakes, and in your price bracket. Let me know if we may be of any help.
BTW, Pickwick is a nice lake, and definitely where the Memphians hang out. It's about a 3 hour tow from Nashville.
MUCH closer are Kentucky Lake, Center Hill, Dale Hollow, Barkley, Cordell Hull, Tims Ford, and our 2 lakes of course. I think once you get a feel for middle TN, you'll spend your on water time around here ..................you can choose from 2 lakes and the river with a 15 minute tow .
Some people here are more loyal to one lake than the other, usually because they live closer to that lake, but we do boat on both of them regularly.
Regards,
Steve

Last edited by Steve Zuckerman; 11-10-2005 at 10:23 PM.
Old 11-12-2005, 05:10 PM
'05 Concept SF23
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The largest man made lake east of the Miss. river is 2 1/2 hour tow north of Hendersonville/Gallatin TN. Lake Cumberland has many performance boats on it every summer weekend. Check out State Dock, and Jamestown Marina on the web. We live in Franklin and keep our boat @ Conley Bottom Resort. We are moving to State Dock over the winter. I have been all over the US and seen many other lakes and you just cannot beat this area for boating. Good luck on your relocation. Joe Murray
Old 11-13-2005, 12:29 AM
Registered

Make sure you get into the MCPA (Music City Power Boat Club) they are good folks, no matter what their mom's say.....

Hope to see you on the water this summer, I will be with the West KY Powerboat Club in a red Profile with flames...
Old 11-14-2005, 07:21 PM
Registered

Well its offical. We're moving to Nashville. Pretty excited about getting back to Tennessee. I actually will be in Nashville the first week of Dec. working for good. When we get settled down, we'll have to meet up for some beers.

Steve,

I appreciate the offer for real estate. I have to use an agent that the company has unfortunately. I plan on joining the MCPA, if you guys will have us!

Thanks again
Old 11-14-2005, 08:07 PM
'05 Concept SF23
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Welcome back to TN. The Nashville area is great to live, work, and play in. Good luck on your move and your new work assignment. Joe Murray
Old 11-14-2005, 09:20 PM
Registered

skopi:
Congrats, I think you will like middle TN. Let us know when you get settled in. We'll be happy to show you the "ropes". For me, that's my favorite bars, restaurants, and docks .................
I think our club is planning some winter activities. Please join us. New members are always welcome.
Regards,
Steve
Old 11-20-2005, 08:26 AM
Registered

What type of work will you be looking for, someone here might be able to open a door or two....