Lake Travis is Dropping >

Lake Travis is Dropping

Notices

Lake Travis is Dropping

Old 07-16-2007, 02:21 PM
Never Enuff
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They just opened Travis today at 1PM. I bet there is still alot of "crap" floating around though. Stumps,trees and branches also Think I'll wait a week or so before I try it out.
Jay
Old 07-16-2007, 05:11 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lake is now open , my boat/marina are still unreachable,
havent been able to get to my boat in 3 weeks now.
I wouldnt go on the lake anyways right now,walking around the lake in front of my house I have seen countless stumps, huge limbs and even a telephone pole floating just under the surface.
some people have zero brains,I already heard 4-5 big powerboats flying down the lake this afternoon.
Same guys that will be crying tommorow after they lose an outdrive or sink the boat..
Guess money cant buy smarts..
Boaters beware: It's not the same lake
“It’s not quite the same lake that it was before the flood,” Bradle said. “While much of the debris is gone, some still remains, especially just below the lake’s surface, and it could be hazardous to watercraft and people.”

LCRA staff is still replacing on Lake Travis some channel markers and buoys that were moved or lost during the flood. “Boaters need to exercise caution, as some navigational channels and hazards may not be marked,” Bradle said.

Bradle added that boaters should avoid creating wakes at Graveyard Point, the subdivision that is the first to be inundated when Lake Travis is in its flood pool. At elevation 686 feet msl, most of the houses at Graveyard Point are out of the water. “But many houses are still at the water’s edge and could be further damaged by wakes created by boats,” Bradle said.

Last edited by HTRDLNCN; 07-16-2007 at 05:22 PM.