python boats

Old 02-04-2008, 10:12 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yea water levels are not looking good.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It seems to have gotten better since I was there in December... Do you think or no?? I'm looking forward to spending some weekends on the lake; I sure hope the water will rise.

It's funny back at home in Findlay there is a flood warning through tomorrow morning! Go figure.
Old 02-05-2008, 05:10 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It has gotten better by a foot or two but still down 19ft.
Old 12-22-2013, 02:36 PM
Registered

OLD ASS Thread but I will comment on it in case Google comes up with this search as I did. I know of a 1977 Python 18.3' Jetboat in Florida
Old 01-16-2016, 02:45 PM
Registered

This is an old thread but I will post anyways. I am in the market for a python. Don't know much about them. I would love to chat up a local here in atlanta. Anyone able to give me some wisdom?
Old 01-29-2021, 11:51 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rchevelle71
Made in Atlanta, 24 x 7 similar to Pantera, Superboat etc., no longer made.

I have heard both good and bad about the build quality, guess its just what your comparing it to.
I have a 1979 Python 19'
Tag says built in Romulus Mi.
Ever seen one?
The following users liked this post:
GeorgeSpencer (02-23-2023)
Old 03-14-2021, 08:52 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 28" Python

Originally Posted by Rockymntn
I have a 1979 Python 19'
Ever seen one?
I had one of the few 28' Pythons with twin small blocks, built in 1977 in Romulus. It ran in the low 80's.
Bought it in 1984 and sold it in 1988 it Fort Lauderdale last I saw of it.
The following users liked this post:
Rockymntn (05-23-2022)
Old 12-26-2021, 11:33 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 19’ Python 1981

I have a 1979 Python 19'
Ever seen one?
I have a 1981 Python 19’. Shoot me a text at 586-785-9149. I have pics of mine and I’d like to see pics of the boat you’re talking about.
Old 02-23-2023, 12:55 AM
Registered

Default Python Boats Inc. HISTORY

Originally Posted by 19rogers
anyone know the history on python. ive found a couple and they just dont show up on any forums
Python boats was started in 1977, and began manufacturing in 1978. The boat company was started by Jim, Clark and Tom McNabb, who got started producing boats for river and small lake racing. Starting off as a small company, they wanted to get the name out on the water, and really make some waves! That’s just what python did when they introduced the Vyper, producing 12 in 1978. The first generation Vyper was built, using a shortened/modified Donzi deck that was joined to a Python Boats proprietary designed hull. This hull was designed for river and small lake racing, having a much shallower V than other competitors. The original company started manufacturing boats in the Detroit area, eventually moving to Buford Georgia in the 1990s. Of the original 12 first generation Vyper boats produced in 1978, only three are known to exist today. The first of the remaining boats is owned/ operated out in British Columbia, and is using a carbureted Chevy 350 engine coupled to a Berkeley jet drive. It is unknown if the boat has been restored. However, the boat looks to be in good shape and cared for.

The second of the three remaining boats is owned by myself, and is hull number three of the original 12, manufactured in June 1978. This boat has been extensively restored by Tom McNabb in Morris Illinois. While undergoing restoration, the boat was also upgraded, with the best on the market available for a boat of this size. Extra attention was given to the structural integrity of the boat by adding additional bulkheads, balancing of the weight, and laser mapping of the hull. To bring the boat into the 21st century, a mercury 383 coupled to a bravo drive, with Corsa exhaust, and Mayfair hydraulic steering were installed for power/sound/control. Rockford Fosgate Soundsystem, Lavorsi gauges, UFlex Bocana Italian steering wheel, UFlex chrome/black throttle, pop-up cleats, LED, lighting, blue water switches, electric engine hatch, captains call exhaust choice, and other goodies were incorporated into the build. The boat is currently stored for the winter, but will resume tuning and testing in the spring of 2023. So far the boat has been on the water three weekends in September/October 2022, even making appearance on the River Shiver 2022 at chain of lakes, Illinois.

The last boat existing of the original 12 was last seen in 2019 in the Baltimore harbor area in a complete but derelict condition, with extensive rotting already taking hold. The boat has an alpha, one drive with a 260 hp Chevy V8. I do not believe it is sea worthy, but the owner stated that it was. I would not trust this assessment having reviewed the boat myself. The boat was currently for sale at that point, but I do not know the current status. It is a shame that the boat is in that condition. Especially since so few remain, and it has such historic significance, as python boats Inc. has come to a close last few years.

I have thought of taking a trip out there this summer to go and look for the boat. I’ve come to the conclusion that if it’s still there, I will attempt to purchase it, and try to save the historic piece.

Please see the pictures of boat two of the remaining three in existence. It is Hull # 3 of the original 12 first generation Vypers produced in 1978.

The second generation of Vypers, produced later, had a deeper V hull sourced from Donzi molds. Also, it is of note that the second generation boats are 16 feet long, whereas the first generation boats built in 1978 were 19.5ft long. I hope this brief description helps give insight into the history of python boats Inc.

Last edited by GeorgeSpencer; 02-23-2023 at 01:04 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by GeorgeSpencer:
J-Bonz (02-25-2023), Python82 (05-03-2023)
Old 02-23-2023, 01:08 AM
Registered

Default I have seen an 19ft and own one!!

Originally Posted by 19rogers
anyone know the history on python. ive found a couple and they just dont show up on any forums
I have a 1979 Python 19'
Ever seen one?
very interested if you have one from 1978 that looks like mine. If so, you have an original first generation, VYPER!!. please let me know if you have one from 1978, as that would be amazing, and number 4 of the original 12! Does yours look like this?

Quick Reply: python boats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.