Notices

Texas Shootout

Old 03-14-2008, 01:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's a better way. Stay off 45 through the city, it is a traffic mess, especially hauling a boat. Take I-10 to 610S or east to 225 east to 146 south or I-10 to 146 south to Kemah. Brings you right into Kemah.
Old 03-14-2008, 05:14 PM
Registered

Is the course on Clear lake? or in the bay? how far by water from the back side of Crystal beach? thanks
Old 03-14-2008, 07:54 PM
Registered

Clay if you come bring all them "Clay-Mates" with you!!!

I look forward to meeting some of you guys.
Old 03-14-2008, 07:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by niceguy
Clay if you come bring all them "Clay-Mates" with you!!!

I look forward to meeting some of you guys.
I would but it might be tough find beds for all of them to sleep in.
Old 03-14-2008, 08:45 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by Clay Washington
beds for all of them to sleep in.
sleep??
Old 03-14-2008, 09:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by txwatergypsy
Is the course on Clear lake? or in the bay? how far by water from the back side of Crystal beach? thanks
Last I heard it will be in Galveston bay, near the kemah boardwalk. From crystal beach cut through stingarees east bay cut and go north west to ship channel. it is about a 30 minute ride.
Mark Rush
Old 03-15-2008, 12:35 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by H2Xmark
Last I heard it will be in Galveston bay, near the kemah boardwalk. From crystal beach cut through stingarees east bay cut and go north west to ship channel. it is about a 30 minute ride.
Mark Rush
Thanks Mark, we have a house to stay at crystal beach, just didnt know if it would be very convenient. have never been in the bay. I think we would put in at a ramp close to stingaree. Rick
Old 03-15-2008, 07:44 AM
Registered

There are numerous ramps and facilities for boat launching, dockage and marina facilities.
The event will take place in Galveston Bay just off shore from Bay View, Rte 646. There are numerous areas to weatch including a public park from land and the spectators gallery will be Directly across from the Old HL&P Cooling water Canal. The beginning of the Run will be located just off Grand Ave and 646, if you are familiar with Clifton by the Sea or Noah's Ark, its there. The end of the course is at 646 and 24 ande 1/2 st.

Keels and Wheels event is also taking place that weekend so its going to be a doozy of a time.

We are having a detail meeting to day so more to follow.

Karen Patterson
Old 03-15-2008, 07:59 AM
Registered

The host Facility is The Boardwalk Hotel, Kemah Boardwalk Marina has slips there and a website # 281-334-2284. The Shouth Shore Resort and Marina has a lovely hotel as well with marina facilities. Endeavor Marine has dry stack and weekend slips available. There are numerous hotels around, Hampton, LaQuinta, Holiday Inn, Hilton. There are also some sweet bed and breakfasts in the Kemah area. Galveston boasts some wonderful resorts also. Moody ,Treemont, and The San Luis are about 20 minutes away from kemah.

There are several free standing marinas, Clear Lake Marine Center has slips for go fast and cruisers, South Shore Marina and Waterford are also available. Fuel and repair services are available on the water.

There are three large public boat ramps in the area with other numerous little guys. Water taxis will be available for the event.

www.toppsboatclub.com will get you to the site, it links there, and I will have more info later today......make it a weekend and see the keels and wheels show, enjoy the space center and the weather.

karen
Old 03-15-2008, 09:13 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by THLWL
Clear Lake is just southeast from Houston. About 4 hours from Austin pulling a boat. Take HWY 71 south to I10 east. Go to Houston. Go south on BW 8 west and take it around to Clear Lake. It's near NASA.
4 hours from austin ????? i thought you said you were 4 hours from Chicago

Quick Reply: Texas Shootout

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.