Notices

Houston guys

Old 06-10-2008, 03:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Houston guys

Where do you guys run on the weekends? Do yall run every weekend or ? I heard someone say there is some little island right outside clearlake that all the big boats gather at and hang out. Is this true? I should be getting my "new to me" boat before July 1st and was just curious.
Old 06-10-2008, 03:47 PM
Registered

What kind of Boat should we look for? You might be referring to Redfish just south of the Kemah Boardwalk.
We go all over! Next weekend on the 20-21 there will be a TOPPS poker run.
Check out the website and stop by the Hilton on Friday nite to meet some of us! www.toppsboatclub.com
Old 06-10-2008, 04:04 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Redfish really isn't an island. It's a rock shoal or break water that stays calm enough to raft off and have a good time.

I am out most weekends in this. If you see me wave me down
Attached Thumbnails Houston guys-tickfaw200.jpg  
Old 06-10-2008, 04:16 PM
Registered

I am waiting for the survey on Friday, then if all checks out.... I should have it delivered down here hopefully ASAP, but could be as late as July 1st. But if it's here, you should look for a bright ass yellow Kryptonite with a guy driving with flame tattoos all over my shoulders and back. WOOOHOOO.

I didnt know that you guys were running a poker run on the 20-21st. I'll see if the wife and I can come out and meet some of you folks. I dont have any friends with boats, so I am looking to make friends I can go run around with while we are out.
Old 06-10-2008, 08:16 PM
Registered

Default Offats Bayou Galveston

There is a place we hang out at every weekend in offats bayou it is a nice sand bar where you can get out of your boat and stand in the water it is just to the west of moody gardens.
Old 06-10-2008, 09:01 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Is the sandbar out in the water or along the shore. I looked at Googl Earth and coudl not find an island(?).
Old 06-11-2008, 07:19 AM
Registered

The sandbar is right off the end of the airport runway just west of Moody Gardens. Be careful in there, it is very shallow. You can also go under the roadway bridge at the east end of Offats Bayou and there is a small spring fed lake there to anchor in and swim. It is fairly deep and cool, around 11-12 feet deep. We also go to the west end of Clear Lake to Nassau Bay and anchor/ raft off and swim there. You will need to have someone show you how to get back there as it is a little tricky. Redfish is fun if the wind is right. Good place to go in the bay. Join Topps of Clearlake, you will meet some great people and they will show you around and keep you out of trouble. That is how we leraned the area when we moved here. Keep an eye out for us in a 42' Fountain called "Perfect Timing"
Old 06-11-2008, 04:55 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Or you can come up to Lake Conroe were we make very short runs, drive old boats, act like we have money, and constantly break balls
Old 06-11-2008, 06:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by joew.
Or you can come up to Lake Conroe were we make very short runs, drive old boats, act like we have money, and constantly break balls
Plan on doing that occassionally too. I always act like I have money then cry when I get home.
Old 06-11-2008, 06:27 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by niceguy
Plan on doing that occassionally too. I always act like I have money then cry when I get home.
You would fit in fine around this crowd

Quick Reply: Houston guys

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.