Hot Springs Arkansas Lake Hamilton

Notices

Hot Springs Arkansas Lake Hamilton

Old 06-22-2010, 06:13 PM
JBBEARD
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Hot Springs Arkansas Lake Hamilton

I was out on the lake sunday afternoon when much to my suprise I oberved two loud speeding offshore type boats racing towards the bridge near Fishermans Warf. The smaller boat slowed down and observed the 5 mph limit but the larger one kept on plane and lucky for him the sheriff was not there at the moment. I went after them to see what and who they were. I found them up by Carpenter Dam but was going the wrong way to engage. I turned and manuvered about to finally get into position to see that the larger one was about a 35-38 V hull named POWERPLAY RACING. I did not get the smaller one's name as was too busy getting my superchargers up to speed to engage them. I was going about 102 GPS when I passed them but the Women (Wife and two daughters) were screaming for me to slow down so I had to let POWERPLAY RACING catch up and beat me back to the bridge where the women insisted we had to stop for dinner at the Resturant and the pursuit stoped there. Then, Of course, I had to pay the price of listining to the enduring chastisement about my reckless behavior and boat driving and endangerment of everone on the lake during the meal. By the time I got back on the water everone had disapeared and I went back to the dock. I am going back this weekend without the distractions and hope to see them again so we can play.
Any one know who they are and if they will be there this weekend? The AWESOME thundercat will be there!
Old 06-22-2010, 09:57 PM
Registered

Odds are the powerplay used to belong to Ken Fortune, last I saw it, Powerboats had it on blocks with no engines and tied up in Court. Call Bill over at Powerboats, I'm sure he could tell you who ended up with the boat. Just a speculation since thats a rare boat.

I knew a lot of people who had the toys over there but I've only been on that Lake in my party barge for the last few years. If you see a blue and white Pantera sometime it's mine. I pretty much stick to the Houston area or Lake Travis.
Old 06-28-2010, 06:18 PM
JBBEARD
Gold Member

No Show!

Originally Posted by Dono77056
Odds are the powerplay used to belong to Ken Fortune, last I saw it, Powerboats had it on blocks with no engines and tied up in Court. Call Bill over at Powerboats, I'm sure he could tell you who ended up with the boat. Just a speculation since thats a rare boat.

I knew a lot of people who had the toys over there but I've only been on that Lake in my party barge for the last few years. If you see a blue and white Pantera sometime it's mine. I pretty much stick to the Houston area or Lake Travis.
No one at Power Boats knows this guy who did not show saturday or sunday this past weekend- Going to Florida for the 4th so hope to see him after the holliday- James
Old 06-28-2010, 10:36 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts

JB

Hey good to see another fellow go fast on Hamilton. I have the all white 28 Skater. I'm concerned that too many of the fast guys like us are burning up the channel between party barges self included from 5-7 PM when everyone including the sheriff is out. I have been trying to shut down well before traffic and run in the afternoon. We need to pick our run spots carefully as the sheriff has been very kind to us so far. A great place to run is the big bay off the channel past the Baymont it's typically clear. Only problem I have on Hamilton is I run out of lake before I run out of boat.

Do you ever hit Quachita and are they having the poker run on it this year?

Have fun in Florida we are headed to Lake of the Ozarks to play after the fourth. I''ll see ya when we get back.
Old 07-03-2010, 05:20 AM
JBBEARD
Gold Member

Yea!

Originally Posted by skate
JB

Hey good to see another fellow go fast on Hamilton. I have the all white 28 Skater. I'm concerned that too many of the fast guys like us are burning up the channel between party barges self included from 5-7 PM when everyone including the sheriff is out. I have been trying to shut down well before traffic and run in the afternoon. We need to pick our run spots carefully as the sheriff has been very kind to us so far. A great place to run is the big bay off the channel past the Baymont it's typically clear. Only problem I have on Hamilton is I run out of lake before I run out of boat.

Do you ever hit Quachita and are they having the poker run on it this year?

Have fun in Florida we are headed to Lake of the Ozarks to play after the fourth. I''ll see ya when we get back.
YES! I ran with you last year- you have the twin 300 mercs- We were neck and neck for a while- I have been on Quachita but nothing to do bar and resturant wise- I love to eat at fishermans warf and doe's after a run up to carpenter and back down! Hope to see you soon!- James
Old 07-04-2010, 01:30 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by jbbeard
YES! I ran with you last year- you have the twin 300 mercs- We were neck and neck for a while- I have been on Quachita but nothing to do bar and resturant wise- I love to eat at fishermans warf and doe's after a run up to carpenter and back down! Hope to see you soon!- James
You got it. That was a fun run. It was my first weekend with the boat after I bought it. We are going to be back from LOTO for Aqua Paloosa Poker Run. Hope to see ya then.

It was nuts here today. We had a 36 spectre and 30' DCB out today. Too many people out and enforcement to get to play.

Sam
Old 07-06-2010, 10:09 PM
JBBEARD
Gold Member

Originally Posted by skate
You got it. That was a fun run. It was my first weekend with the boat after I bought it. We are going to be back from LOTO for Aqua Paloosa Poker Run. Hope to see ya then.

It was nuts here today. We had a 36 spectre and 30' DCB out today. Too many people out and enforcement to get to play.

Sam
Aqua Paloosa ? what and where and when?
Old 07-06-2010, 10:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jbbeard
Aqua Paloosa ? what and where and when?
Power Boats July 16-18 with poker run on Lake Hamilton on July 17. They have a dinner and band that night.

You can register on web. Just search Aquapaloozaa snf go to Arkansas region.
Old 07-07-2010, 10:57 AM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 22 Posts

So what do I need to know about Lake Hamilton. We have an invite for Labor Day and I am thinking about bringing my boat. Any noise laws? Speed laws?
Old 07-07-2010, 01:52 PM
Registered

Not yet! Just be nice and don't run over the PWC or Party barges. Sheriff is active on water. You need a DD and 5 MPH at all bridges. Play nice and they act nice. Its a small lake and gets congested in the afternoons and holidays. Just be curtious and don't do bat runs thru the crowds and you will be fine. Kind of a drinking lake with a boating problem.

What kind of boat do you have?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.