How is the Boating in Dallas? >

How is the Boating in Dallas?

Notices

How is the Boating in Dallas?

Old 02-22-2011, 09:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How is the Boating in Dallas?

I am thinking of moving to a warmer climate so I can do more boating. Sorry about asking all these questions but I am having trouble finding any websites that give me any answers. I figured this would be the best place to ask people. Like How is the boating in dallas? What kinda boating is in dallas area? Are there any go fast boating on the lakes? Are there bars on the lake to stop in and hang out?

Thanks for any help you can give me!!
Old 02-23-2011, 09:09 AM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

Another good site to research boating in the DFW metroplex is www.lakepirates.com

Boating is great in north texas, which includes dallas, fort worth, arlington, plano, mansfield, richardson, richland hills, north richland hills, euless, bedford, grapevine, carrollton, lewisville, mckinney, hurst, rowlett and I'm sure a ton of other suburbs I can't remember.

There are many lakes you can boat in that are within an hour of dallas. Lake Texoma, Eagle Mountain Lake, Lake Lewisville, Lake Ray Hubbard, Lake Worth, Joe Pool Lake, Lake Bridgeport, etc. The premier north texas boating lake is Lake Texoma, located on the TX/OK border, just one hour north of dallas. Its the 12th biggest lake in the country and the biggest lake in TX. It the premier lake because it has the best striper fishing in the country, it has all natural sand beaches with islands, and it has wide open spans. If you want to see some good lake pics of Texoma you should go thru the Texoma BS thread and buy a membership so you can see all the pics. Second to Texoma is Lake Lewisville, which is located in Dallas. They both have atleast 2-3 bars on the lake. Lake Grapevine probobly has some of the best waterfront bars, but its a tiny lake. There are so many options, you can do any kind of boating you want. Texoma is bigger and out of the city so its the best for a go-fast. It also has the premier north texas high performance boating shop (derebery marine). Lake lewisville is in the city so its has a little better party scene.

You can boat from april (sometimes march) through october in any open boat. I can boat year around with my fleet of boats.

There are also many other great boating destinations around TX, OK, and Arkansas. There is more coastline in OK than the entire state of california. I think it also has the farthest inland port. OK is really a beautiful state.

Last edited by TexomaPowerboater; 02-23-2011 at 09:14 AM.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:28 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

4hours north is Grand Lake, home of some pretty fast stuff!

We have quite a few commuters from the Dallas area..
Old 02-23-2011, 10:00 AM
Registered

For comparison, where would you be moving from.....never mind that doesn't matter. j/k

Further south you have all of the LCRA lakes + Travis!

Texas is one of the best all around states, it would be very very hard for me to move from here.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:34 PM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 22 Posts

Texoma is Okay I Guess
Attached Thumbnails How is the Boating in Dallas?-north-island-texoma.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 02-24-2011, 02:08 PM
Registered

Thanks For all the Feed back!!! Its going to be hard to let this area because I have had a ton of fun and a lot of good people just need a longer boating season!! Are there any good boating clubs to join?

http://www.blarneyisland.com/

http://www.funonthefox.com/gallery/index.php?cat=10
Old 02-24-2011, 02:10 PM
Registered

How far is Texoma from the Dallas area?
Old 02-24-2011, 02:45 PM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 22 Posts

70 Miles north
Old 02-24-2011, 10:30 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by TxHawk
Texoma is Okay I Guess
Way to be modest.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:48 AM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by FastandFun
Thanks For all the Feed back!!! Its going to be hard to let this area because I have had a ton of fun and a lot of good people just need a longer boating season!! Are there any good boating clubs to join?

http://www.blarneyisland.com/

http://www.funonthefox.com/gallery/index.php?cat=10
There is a fort worth performance boat club, not sure what its called......Cowtown something. They usually have a membership drive early spring at their Eagle Mountain lake poker run. They travel to a lot of different poker runs.

There is also a club on Texoma, I think its called the Texoma Powerboater Association.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.