Notices

Contraband Days

Old 04-09-2011, 11:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Contraband Days

Hey just wondering if anyone is planning on going to Contraband Days this year?
Old 04-09-2011, 08:30 PM
Registered
Gold Member

I would be interested if I do not have to work, right now I am pretty sure I will not have to. I would need some info on where to put my boat in and where to stay (I could sleep in the boat). You are just right down 171 from me.
Old 04-10-2011, 12:15 PM
Registered

We are going to try to make it out
Old 04-11-2011, 06:49 AM
Registered

My wife and I and 2 friends are suppose to go on May 7th, just for the day. We are going to leave Port Neches Park in Port Neches, TX and travel about 70 miles down the Intercoastal Canal to Lake Charles. Then return later that afternoon. We are going in my friends boat, my boat drinks too much gas. Also, I don't have a closed cooling system.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:10 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No plans yet but we usually go for the second weekend.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:56 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Is Lake Charles Fresh or Brackish water? If it is brackish or salt I will not go. My boat stays fresh water only for right now.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:08 AM
Registered

It's salt.

Not knocking anyones choice but never understood the worry about occasional salt use. Flush well, wash the boat and there are no issues. Growing up dad had several boats that saw salt water twice a year with zero effects. Same with my current boat.

Trailers... well thats another story.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:50 AM
Registered

It's connected to the intercoastal canal, which is connected to the Gulf. It's brackish, I'm not sure how much. That's why I am going in my friends boat. From experience, flushing helps but does not completely do the trick. You will get some rust inside your block and exhaust manifold. It happend to me with by inboard Bayliner running it in the Neches River, which connects to the intercoastal canal to Lake Charles. I would recommend using salt-away when you flush your engine.
Old 04-18-2011, 02:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jmeng
It's salt.

Not knocking anyones choice but never understood the worry about occasional salt use. Flush well, wash the boat and there are no issues. Growing up dad had several boats that saw salt water twice a year with zero effects. Same with my current boat.

Trailers... well thats another story.
Absolutely correct. PS - Hose your trailer down at the carwash.

As far as getting a little rust inside your block, that will happen even if you boat in nothing but tap water. Not something to worry about if you flush well.
Old 04-18-2011, 02:14 PM
Registered

Found out over the weekend that the schedule is a little different this year. Normally its the first two weekends in may, this year its the last weekend in april/first weekend in may. Screws me up because we have poker runs both weekends.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.