No Swimming at Texoma

Notices

No Swimming at Texoma

Old 08-30-2011, 03:33 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Swimming at Texoma

What's the word on the algae on Texoma? Heard on the news that they are posting no swimming signs for the western sections and "strongly discouraging" swimming for the rest of the lake.

That bites for the long weekend.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/health/no-s...128615238.html
Old 08-30-2011, 03:45 PM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

Yeah.......I think its a little overblown IMO. I really haven't heard about a lot of people showing up sick at hospitals over this. We boat on the eastern side - closer to the damn anyways. I'm continuing my labor day plans, but will make an extra effor to keep my baby girl from drinking the water

Are you goint to be there? Anybody else going to Texoma for Labor Day? Should be easier to find you since half the lake is under an algea warming.
Old 08-30-2011, 04:19 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
Yeah.......I think its a little overblown IMO. I really haven't heard about a lot of people showing up sick at hospitals over this. We boat on the eastern side - closer to the damn anyways. I'm continuing my labor day plans, but will make an extra effor to keep my baby girl from drinking the water

Are you goint to be there? Anybody else going to Texoma for Labor Day? Should be easier to find you since half the lake is under an algea warming.
Yeah, I figured it was overblown. That's an awfully big lake, and I would find it hard to believe that none of it is safe.

No, we'll be on Lewisville, but several of us are looking to plan a trip up there later in Sept for a few days.
Old 08-30-2011, 04:26 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater

Going to the LSU game Saturday then we will have the 48 out in the cove then were are packing her up and sending her to Fort Lauderdale for the winter.
Old 08-30-2011, 08:56 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by anewway
Yeah, I figured it was overblown. That's an awfully big lake, and I would find it hard to believe that none of it is safe.

No, we'll be on Lewisville, but several of us are looking to plan a trip up there later in Sept for a few days.
I'm going to be home for the long weekend, where are you going to hang?
Old 08-31-2011, 02:11 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Bert we planned on going to Texoma this weekend either Sat. thru Mon or Sun - Mon. We launch in at Newberry Creek in Mead OK. My friend owns that Marina.

I heard that some parts of the lake is closed and it is strongly advised not to swim because of the algae. I'll find out tomorrow whats the scoop at Texoma. We might change our plans and head to PK if that is true about no swimming.

How is the water conditions and levels at PK ?
Old 08-31-2011, 05:02 AM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

WOW.... sad that the lake has got like this.
Old 08-31-2011, 09:29 AM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

Just saw that they upgraded algea warning to the entire lake after testing this week.
Old 08-31-2011, 09:49 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We dealt with the same stuff over 4th of July weekend here in Oklahoma.. Didn't slow our group down at all.. They can't force us not to swim.. We just kept on gettin on!

Don't swim in stagnant water, don't drink lake water, its pretty obvious!
Old 08-31-2011, 01:57 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I'm not sure PK is the place to go with the nasty fire they have going down there. I expect they will have it under control by the weekend, but I would call and check to be sure everything is opened back up before heading down.

We'll be on Lewisville, probably on the edge of party cove. We don't get in the middle of it, too many idiots that don't have a clue what a fender or anchor are for.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.