Lake LBJ, Marble Falls? >

Lake LBJ, Marble Falls?

Notices

Lake LBJ, Marble Falls?

Old 06-06-2012, 10:36 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lake LBJ, Marble Falls?

Taking the boat there for this next weekend and wanted to know if anyone can tell me what to expect? Friends have a lakehouse and wanted to know how large is the lake and will I be able to "stretch my legs" a bit. Also interested in what places to eat/bars are on the water if any.

thanks,

Jay
Old 06-07-2012, 12:35 PM
Registered

My mother-in-law used to ski at that lake. It's a very small lake. If I recall, it's deep. You might want to check and make sure there is a boat launch big enough for your boat. It may be steep or too narrow. You may not be able to turn your boat around. I have been in the area. Narrow roads. I would not waste your time bringing your boat. Better off renting something. The lake is only 1-2 miles long and not very wide.

Last edited by UrbanDisturbance; 06-07-2012 at 12:37 PM.
Old 06-08-2012, 01:05 AM
Registered

Default Two different lakes...

Originally Posted by FREAKY FAST
Taking the boat there for this next weekend and wanted to know if anyone can tell me what to expect? Friends have a lakehouse and wanted to know how large is the lake and will I be able to "stretch my legs" a bit. Also interested in what places to eat/bars are on the water if any.

thanks,

Jay
Marble Falls is small and would not be much fun in your boat. LBJ on the other hand is larger, constant level, and plenty big to stretch the legs on your boat. Most folks with boats like yours go to Travis but it's very low right now. LBJ is nice but I don't know of too many places to dock and go inside to eat. I'm sure there are a couple but more research will be required. Have fun.

I'm actually thinking of heading to Lake Worth for the 4th. Do you have any Intel on that lake? I know it's adjacent to the base and that's where we'd be staying.

Last edited by XX14; 06-08-2012 at 01:07 AM. Reason: forgot something
Old 06-08-2012, 06:19 AM
Registered

Travis is low but not as bad a people make it out to be. The main public ramp is open and as long as you stay in the channel there is more than 60mi of navigable water and numerous coves to spend time in.
Old 06-08-2012, 11:50 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yup,plenty of water in Travis for boating..
video from two weeks ago someone posted from devils cove
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vdA10V49uc