Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > South Central US
New Orleans Boating?? >

New Orleans Boating??

Notices

New Orleans Boating??

Old 04-05-2013, 07:40 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Got another interview coming up this Thursday, no relocation budget...yet. Been getting kind of excited again. Got my fingers crossed.
Old 04-06-2013, 06:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good luck with that
Old 04-10-2013, 08:40 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by nailit
+1 on Slidell, we normally pull 40 min to gulfport and head due south by boat for 14 miles to hit ship island! Schools are good, mine are small but my lil boy in 1st is in public school! Any other parish (county) around here and you have to do private!! Slidell and Mandeville/madisonville are all good and on northshore of lake!!
I checked out ship island online and saw that there is a ferry that can take you out there. Are there docks for boaters or do you just drop anchor or beach your boat.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:59 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is one long dock at the fort, but that's it. There are also Cat Island and Horn Island.

I've had an apt down in the French Quarter since '01. Great place to hang out, but not boat friendly - too tight. We generally boat over on the Tickfaw. It'll take you years to cover all the places you can get to by boat down there in a Formula. LOL
Old 05-03-2013, 05:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by X-Rated30
There is one long dock at the fort, but that's it. There are also Cat Island and Horn Island.

I've had an apt down in the French Quarter since '01. Great place to hang out, but not boat friendly - too tight. We generally boat over on the Tickfaw. It'll take you years to cover all the places you can get to by boat down there in a Formula. LOL
I see Horn is just east of Ship Island, but can't find Cat Island. Can you beach your boat or do you have to use the docks. Looks real nice there.

Haven't heard back about the job yet, my buddy who's already down there says he hasn't picked anyone yet.

I'm so tired of cramming my boating into a few months up north, I like to idea of going out just about when ever.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:56 PM
Registered

Cat is just a little west of Ship. You can just beach your boat. Cat is privately owned but the family that owns it allows you to hang out on part of the beach as long as your respectful of the place. If you don't get this job keep trying. Once you move down here you'll wonder how you ever lived anywhere else.
Old 05-04-2013, 07:59 AM
Registered

Good luck with the move you will love it here!! We live on the water in Slidell & I'm only 5 minutes from the lake. If you don't mind burning some gas ship island is a nice run from here & the water is pretty nice! The houses in this area are pretty reasonable for being waterfront & there is always something to do around here. We have 5 poker runs a year in the neighborhood as well as a few big ones like the Tickfaw 200 & the Patriot run. We had the first one 2 weeks ago, the Tickfaw today, & 2 more in the month of May. Jazz Fest has been going on for the last 2 weeks also. If you need any help in this area hit me up.
Old 05-04-2013, 01:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by vette131
Good luck with the move you will love it here!! We live on the water in Slidell & I'm only 5 minutes from the lake. If you don't mind burning some gas ship island is a nice run from here & the water is pretty nice! The houses in this area are pretty reasonable for being waterfront & there is always something to do around here. We have 5 poker runs a year in the neighborhood as well as a few big ones like the Tickfaw 200 & the Patriot run. We had the first one 2 weeks ago, the Tickfaw today, & 2 more in the month of May. Jazz Fest has been going on for the last 2 weeks also. If you need any help in this area hit me up.
I've been looking at homes in Slidell and they seem to be reasonably priced. First things first and that's get the job, second is sell my house up here and third move. Like buying a boat, buying a house is fun too and I'm sure there are all kinds of great places to live down there. I just hope the good state of LA will execpt a big Buckeye fan

Originally Posted by Blt2rok
Cat is just a little west of Ship. You can just beach your boat. Cat is privately owned but the family that owns it allows you to hang out on part of the beach as long as your respectful of the place. If you don't get this job keep trying. Once you move down here you'll wonder how you ever lived anywhere else.
I was wondering what that Island was called and did noticed some type of structure on it. There seems to be a lot of places to explore by boat down there. Wish there was a easier way to tell what will get you in trouble and what's safe.

As for the 2 jobs, they haven't been filled yet and may take a few more weeks even months before they are.
Old 05-04-2013, 10:15 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check out bayou Lacombe also for houses on the water. It's between mandeville and Slidell. I grew up on the bayou and its just a short run to most of the places talked about so far. I sure do miss it.
Old 05-05-2013, 10:08 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by s022mag
Cool, sounds like there is plenty to do, which I figured. I have buddy I worked with that moved down there and his boss is hiring again. It has relocation budgeting which makes it even more desireable, all I get to do is get the boss on board. Boating here in OH is ok but when summer comes we ignore a lot of everything else to get the most of it which sucks. Our local lake is sort just a puddle to cool off in and we are 2 hours from Lake Erie. We have a lot more fun up there but its starting to be a hassle towing back in and forth, and not sure I'm ready to leave it up there.

I've been going backwards with my current employer and this probably the best chance I got going forward. I just wish I can my lady on board with me it would make the decision a whole lot easier.

What does everyone do when a hurricane or tropical storm rolls into down? Other then Slidell what are other areas that are descent, with good schools, and close to a ramp? How far up river do you need to be to get out of salt or should I invest in a new trailer?
Check out the Gonzales, Sorrento, St. Amant, Prairieville area (Ascension Parish). I make the haul to New Orleans everyday for work from Sorrento (45-hour drive). I believe both Ascension Parish and Livingston Parish are in the top school districts in the state, and either one will put you in the heart of the boating scene over here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.