Texas outlaw Challenge

Notices

Texas outlaw Challenge

Old 12-01-2013, 09:03 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by huskyrider
Welcome to SE Texas!!!
Glad y'all made it with no more issues than finding boat storage.
I got a great laugh at your comment coming from a relocated midwesterner.
Trust me, you'll be a true Texan soon!!!

See ya,
Kelly
Yeah, about not having anymore issues.

Lets just say I am still paying for dry rack storage in STL, paying for a storage unit in HOU, my truck is still in STL waiting to pull the boat down south, had to buy my wife a last minute airline ticket to fly home last weekend all because "something" was only going to take 3-3.5 weeks to build starting the 2nd of October. 7.5 weeks later the boat did not sit on the trailer correctly, the wheels were yellow, paint was chipping after just the delivery, bow stop didn't fit the boat, the steps were in the radius of the bumper and now we are going 9 weeks later with our closing happening the week of the 10th and the truck/boat are still not in Texas. But I digress.

Then, when I put the key into the door at our corporate housing place it just opened... only to find that it had been kicked in. Nothing like having the Houston PD in your place within the first hour of our arrival.

But other than all this no other issues and things can only get better! Right?

I don't think we will have any problems becoming Texans, spent the day in Galveston this weekend and drove around Clear Lake. I told my wife if we are not going to have snow anymore then Palm Trees will work for me.

Old 12-01-2013, 10:33 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Man sorry to hear about the break in and that sucks to hear about the manning. Hope your only problem from here on out is picking out which Palm trees you want!!! And the winter weather sucks here!! A lot of warm then cold then warm. We usually don't boat late dec/jan/early feb. Usually start getting some decent weather late February.
Old 12-01-2013, 03:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TW720HVY
I don't think we will have any problems becoming Texans, spent the day in Galveston this weekend and drove around Clear Lake. I told my wife if we are not going to have snow anymore then Palm Trees will work for me.
We're all glad y'all came here to join us.
What great Thanksgiving weekend weather we all enjoyed!!! It would have been awesome to be on the island.
After T-day the kids and their families spent the past few days at the fish shack in Sargent while Mom and I hung out by the pool.
Just so as not to totally hijack the thread I got you some pic's to show your friends back home, you'll see lots of this when you attend the event this year.
Nothing beats SE Texas, great weather, palm trees, swimming pools, and lots of boating potential.

Heck if the water wasn't so cold I'd of been fetchin' balls out of the pool with my labs. LOL !!!

See ya,
Kelly
Old 12-02-2013, 09:57 AM
Registered

We are looking very much forward to the Texas Outlaw Challenge this year; poker runs and pool parties, what more could someone ask for.
Old 12-02-2013, 03:13 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Pretty sure the run will be June 19-22.
Old 12-02-2013, 03:50 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That what I was thinking. I hope that's right that when I took off work. This will be the first Poker run for me to be at I looking forward to going.
Old 12-03-2013, 08:34 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 35 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by T-RAV
Pretty sure the run will be June 19-22.

Yes, heard back from one of the contacts last year. 19 - 22 June.
Old 12-03-2013, 03:42 PM
Registered

Is the poker run usually the first day?
Old 12-03-2013, 07:13 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by TW720HVY
Is the poker run usually the first day?
It's thurs-sun. Thursday is registration, rides for youth groups etc. Friday is 100+ shoot out and pool party. Saturday is the actual poker run, and Sunday is another party. I have yet to do it but planning on making it this year. I think it would be cool if the did like a fun run raft up on Sunday. Maybe like to offats or up the river.
Old 12-03-2013, 08:11 PM
Registered

We did it on friends boat and will have to say, one of the best times we have had. Actually, Friday's pool party is the first stop of the poker run and the only stop on Friday. Its definitely one you don't won't to miss. Cruise up Dickison Bayou with 100+ other boats to Armstrongs house. Unbelievable:

And the pool party on Saturday at Harborwalk near Galveston:

Last edited by firehill19; 12-03-2013 at 08:15 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.