Houston Boat Show in Jan >

Houston Boat Show in Jan

Notices

Houston Boat Show in Jan

Old 12-18-2013, 04:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Houston Boat Show in Jan

Just came across the dates of the Houston Boat Show (1/3 - 1/12) and was wondering if it is a good show?
Old 12-18-2013, 05:08 PM
Registered

Usually the winter show isnt as big as the summer show.
Old 12-18-2013, 05:49 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

It's good if you like fishing boats or wakeboard boats. Closest thing to performance boats would be some center consoles maybe. There are vendors there, like mechanics, gel coat and such. Might be good for you to stroll through to see that, but don't go expecting to see any performance boats. I usually go just as an excuse to get out of the house and drink a couple of beers.

Last edited by T-RAV; 12-18-2013 at 05:57 PM.
Old 12-18-2013, 06:16 PM
Registered

Unless you are looking for a shallow water fishing boat, a wakeboard boat, or a low quality cruiser, don't waste your time. It was good about 14 years ago, but not anymore.
Old 12-19-2013, 09:27 AM
Registered

Thanks for the replies, if we decide to go we'll know what we're in for.

Does the summer show have more performance boats and engines?
Old 12-19-2013, 09:45 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by TW720HVY
Thanks for the replies, if we decide to go we'll know what we're in for.

Does the summer show have more performance boats and engines?
As of about five years ago, all of the shows around here have fizzled on having any new performance boats, as there are not any of those types of dealers around here anymore. So the vendors normally associated with that have dwindled as well. There are very limited new manufacturers with Fountain, Baja, Donzi and others, seems like the only ones left are high dollar manufacturers, and they seem to use Poker Runs to promote their products.
Old 12-20-2013, 07:48 AM
Registered

The winter boat show last for a week including 2 weekends and the summer show just a long weekend. As stated, it used to be great and we would go every year. Probably haven't been in the last 5 years or longer. We always had a great time and met lots of people there. Those were the days! Also include pontoons as boats to see there now, hum....getting old and thinking pontoon now. Crap, did I say that!!
Old 12-20-2013, 10:02 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Somethin' Sexy
As of about five years ago, all of the shows around here have fizzled on having any new performance boats, as there are not any of those types of dealers around here anymore. So the vendors normally associated with that have dwindled as well. There are very limited new manufacturers with Fountain, Baja, Donzi and others, seems like the only ones left are high dollar manufacturers, and they seem to use Poker Runs to promote their products.
That makes perfect sense and as I hit the post button that's what I was thinking, if they aren't being build then there aren't dealers selling them.

Originally Posted by firehill19
The winter boat show last for a week including 2 weekends and the summer show just a long weekend. As stated, it used to be great and we would go every year. Probably haven't been in the last 5 years or longer. We always had a great time and met lots of people there. Those were the days! Also include pontoons as boats to see there now, hum....getting old and thinking pontoon now. Crap, did I say that!!
My wife and I kid about getting a pontoon, I know I wouldn't be so worried about it like I am with our current boat! I think before going with a pontoon we'd probably get an average run-of-the-mill CC with twin outboards, again so I don't have to be so damn worried about it and at the end of the day just take a hose to it.
Old 12-20-2013, 10:11 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

If the Houston show is anything like the Austin one, it'll be STACKED with pontoons
Old 12-20-2013, 10:33 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

It's just lame. The closest thing we have to a good boat show would probably be at the outlaw challenge.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.